11. | Going Home

"Get her out of here!" My mom yells

I see flashes; of her attacking Esme, of my dad picking a baby up out of the crib, Esme growling as she fends off my mother's attack, my father disappearing with me, cradled in his arms.

"You cannot hide her from me!" Esme yells, glaring at my mom.

A small gasp escapes my lips as I open my eyes, my consciousness flowing back into me. I look around, not recognizing where I am. An IV is connected to my arm, along with a blood transfusion. I move to sit up, but my body aches, making me lay back down. I hiss as I do.

The door opens, and a man in a doctor's outfit walks in with a clipboard. "Where am I?" I speak, but my voice barely makes it out.

How long have I been out?

"Ah, Miss Marshall. You're awake." He states.

I nod. "Where am I?" My throat is sore, my voice scratchy.

"Iverson Infirmary." He responds, walking toward me with a flashlight. "Can you tell me what you remember?" He asks as he shines the light at my face, making me squint.

"Uhm, I... Well, I was on my way into the city." I say. He nods, humming. "I screamed, and then I crashed."

"Do you remember why you screamed?" He questions.

"Uhm, I was...angry, frustrated." I shrug. "C-Can I get someone else to talk to?"

"Who would you like?"

"Killian."

***

Killian sits on a stool that was somewhere in the room and rolls up next to the bed I'm currently laying in.

"You said you wanted me. Here I am." He holds his hands out. I roll my eyes at him.

"Don't make me regret it." I mumble, my voice still hoarse.

"You want some water for your throat or something?" He raises a brow.

"No. I've had worse." I mutter, pushing myself up into a sitting position. I wince at the pain that ignites in my body. I sigh as I rest my body, looking at him. "How did you find me?"

"Luck, I guess." He shrugs, but I shake my head.

"No. That wasn't luck. There was no way you left right after me. I would've seen you." I whisper, not feeling like talking really loud.

"Fine, a radar went off. It was around the same time you left, and I connected the dots." He shrugs simply. "Blade, what did you see before you crashed?"

I stay quiet for a moment, contemplating whether I tell him or not. In the end, I do. Maybe he can help me find the son of a bitch. "There was a man."

"Do you remember what he looked like?"