61. | Safe

For the past week, Blade has been off-the-grid

For the past week, Blade has been off-the-grid. We have her phone, which was taken from police custody, and Angel can't track her through her ring anymore.

I sit in my office, staring at the computer screen with my hand against my face. My door opens, but I don't look at them. I hear them sigh. "You're not going to find anything on them, Killian." I look at her as she stands with her hands on her hips.

It's the same thing she's been telling me since I started trying to find my parents.

I blow out a breath. "Since you seem to know so much, who were my parents?"

"I don't know." I narrow my eyes, then go back to the screen. She sighs again. "You won't find anything about them, cause they're not connected to anything."

I look back at her, but I don't move an inch. "How do you know?" She hesitates. I sit up straight. My brows furrow. "What are you hiding from me?"

She bites her bottom lip. Then she gives in. "Your parents—they're not gonna be online." I stare. "Killian, you weren't turned into a hybrid. You never met Klaus." I twist my head. "You were born a hybrid."

I chuckle suddenly. "That's not possible. Hybrids have to be created, not born."

"Look at your wife, for God's sake. She was born a hybrid with magic that was far too powerful for her own good. Nothing is impossible." She shakes her head.

"Fine." I shrug, going along with her fantasy. "If I were born, where's my father? My mother?" I raise a brow.

"Your father's dead."

My face drops at her abrupt words. "How do you know?"

"Because I watched it." My brows furrow. "I watched... as my family ripped him to pieces. Knowing I was watching."

"Why would they—"

"He was my lover." She interrupts.

"You were in love with my dad?" She nods. "But what about my mom?"

"She ran. She ran while pregnant with you. She stayed with a friend, who just so happens to be quite common in this family." She explains.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that friend happens to be your wife's mother."

I stand up, walking around my desk slowly. "My mom knew Esme?"

"You know why you can't die?" She suddenly asks as I sit on the edge of my desk, in front of it. "It's because you're a demigod."

I laugh at the absurdity. "A demigod? You're joking."

"Why would I joke about something you asked for?"

"What did I ask for?"

"What I'm hiding from you, for one." She places one hand on her hip. "And where your parents are." I did ask that. "Your dad is dead, and your mom is currently standing right in front of you." My eyes widen. She gives a fake smile. "Small world, right?"