26. | Opposite

The jet has finally landed back in New Orleans

The jet has finally landed back in New Orleans. I grab my notebook from the bedroom where I hid it and my jacket, sliding it on. I swipe my hair out from under the collar and walk out. Nik, Peyton, and Lizzie walk out the door as Lilly puts her jacket and shoes on.

Xander grabs his bag as Killian walks out from the pilot room, with the pilot. I glance out one of the windows, my sight finding the car I bought using Killian's money, in all its glory.

Joy instantly fills me. "My car!" I exclaim, rushing to the door.

"Slow down, Blade!" Killian yells as I take the steps down to the blacktop. My boots click against the ground as I sprint to my black Mercedes-AMG GLE53. The car's already unlocked, so I open the door and climb inside.

I slide my hands around the steering wheel in happiness. I don't know how they got it, but I'm glad they did.

I start the car, the engine revving. Tapping the bluetooth on the screen, I connect my phone and start playing music. I roll my windows down and play Avenged Sevenfold.

I'm in the mood for rock.

Shepherd of Fire starts playing as I turn the radio up. Killian's shaking his head as he crosses his arms. I shift gears and spin around. Switching back, I take off while singing to the music. Halfway down the street, the music pauses.

I turn to the culprit, Angel sitting in the passenger seat. "What was—"

"Did you visit Lillian?" She cuts me off.

"What are you talking about?"

"The night you left. Did you, or did you not, visit Lillian?" She gives me a stern look as I glance back and forth between her and the road.

I shrug my shoulders, lifting my fingers off the wheel to state the obvious. "Of course, I did."

"Were you crying?"

"Wha– Angel, what does this have to do with anything?" I glance at her in confusion.

"Just answer the question." She sounds exasperated.

I press my lips together. "What does it matter?"

"I need to confirm something." She vaguely explains. "So, I'll ask again. Were. You. Crying?" She enunciates the words, making sure they get across.

I rub my temple. "I don't know. I mean, I thought I did."

"You thought?"

"That night, I could've sworn a tear fell, but when I looked there was nothing." I explain.

I don't understand how. I strongly believed that a tear fell down my face. But there was nothing.

She nods slowly, not saying anything. "Is that what you were looking for?" She still doesn't answer, seeming to ponder over something. "Angel?"