33. | I Do's

Killian rented out some type of two-story building

Killian rented out some type of two-story building. Seems more like a school than anything. It reminds me of the Salvatore Boarding School.

Nikolai is at my side, ready to walk me down the aisle.

God, I hate this.

This is the second worst day of my life. "Someone kill me now." I mutter under my breath.

Music begins to play, and I exhale. "Let's go." Nikolai says, and I nod. We round the corner and stand at the top of the staircase. There's a pair of stairs, a platform, and another pair of stairs.

Everyone is standing, staring up at us.

I feel a strong urge to toss the bouquet in the air, turn around, and flee. But I don't. I connect my arm with Nikolai's, making my first move down the stairs.

It's weird. He's playing the role of a father. The role my father, Klaus, should be playing. I exhale a shaky, heavy breath, my stomach doing somersaults.

A hand rests on my arm. I follow the hand, the arm, the shoulder, the neck. Up to...Hope.

Her hair is up, out of her face, two strands framing her face, but it's still down and flowing in loose curls. She's wearing a black long sleeved dress that flows a little past her knees. She's sporting a soft smile, which calms my nerves a little.

I'll be in the crowd, watching. So will Kenji and Hope. Only you will see us, but we'll be there.

"Relax." I take a deep breath as we reach the bottom of the steps. We walk down the rest of the aisle, Hope never moving her hand.

As I reach the altar, Killian steps down and holds out a hand to me. I'm surprised I haven't tripped in these heels yet. I accept his outstretched hand and allow him to pull me up. Lilly steps forward, her hands outward. She gestures to the bouquet. "Oh." I hand it to her and she smiles, stepping back.

My hands connect with Killians, his much larger than mine. They engulf my hands, warming them with his body heat alone. "The dress looks good on you. I chose well." His lips lift up ever so slightly, barely noticeable. I'm shocked I noticed it.

"I feel ridiculous." I mutter.

His brows scrunch together. "What for?"

"I'm getting married to you. I'm going to feel ridiculous." I squint my eyes at him.

The officiant talks and blabbers, saying all of the required things needed to be said, but I block him out.

"Do you, Grace Marshall, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to live together in matrimony, to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, to have and to hold, from this day forward, as long as you both shall live?"

I blink rapidly, my eyes slightly glossing. I swallow the lump in my throat. "I do." It's quiet but loud enough to be heard.

"Do you, Killian Black, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to live together in matrimony, to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, to have and to hold, from this day forward, as long as you both shall live?"