6. | "...a kid..."

"Dark Ev? What kind of name is that?" Kenji asked, looking between the two who were still staring each other down

"Dark Ev? What kind of name is that?" Kenji asked, looking between the two who were still staring each other down. When no one answered, he spoke again, "Hello?"

"Oh, good god. He's so irritating." Dark Ev rolled her eyes, stepping into the nursery. "I don't understand how someone as annoying as you can possibly hang around someone like me." She shrugged.

"Evelyn is nothing like you." Angel sneered.

Dark Ev sighed. "We are the same people. We share the same mind, the same body, and the same power. She is just as much a monster as I am."

"What's going on?" Kenji finally spoke, confused.

"Where is Evelyn?" Angel asked, giving Dark Ev a death stare.

"Standing right in front of you. While she...is in the past, I am in control here." She gave a wicked smile to the two. "I found the chance to finally show myself. You won't believe how boring her life is. Dying her hair," She took a step closer. "Changing her name," Another. "She's bound to cause trouble, so I don't see what the point is." She shrugged again.

"What trouble are you planning?"

"You'll see." She raised her hand.

"No—" She snapped her fingers, and she was gone. "Damn it." Angel whispered.

"What just happened?" Kenji asked.

"Evelyn's dark side broke through her hold while she was vulnerable. Until Evelyn comes back from the past, Dark Ev's in control." Angel explained, taking the book that was still in his hands.

"What's she going to do?" He asked as Angel speed-walked into the study.

"Who knows? We need to find her before she does something that'll get someone killed." She said as she picked up the book Evelyn had found when she fell.

"Where do you think she went?" Kenji asked as he followed her to the doors. She felt around the wall before her hand disappeared through it. "Woah." He whispered.

"The wall never closed." She turned to him. "It was never an entrance."

"What does that mean?"

"The Mikaelsons hid the entrance somewhere in the building. That's why I couldn't get back inside. We don't have time to look for it, but we'll come back. For right now, we need to find Evelyn." Angel explained, giving him a stern look.

"Where do we look?" His brows furrowed as Dark Ev stood outside of Rosefield High. She walked up to the door, the door unlocking by itself. As she stepped into the hallway, she looked around. Students were in classes, leaving them bare and empty except for a few walking through the hallways.

"Well, if we think about it, Evelyn hasn't seen Lilly in years. Last time she saw her, she was ten. Now she's almost seventeen. Dark Ev and Evelyn are connected. They share the same mind, the same feelings, the same desires. If anything, that's where she went." Angel explained.