27. | A Futuristic Nightmare

I step through the portal, opening up to my bedroom, my heels clicking against the floor

I step through the portal, opening up to my bedroom, my heels clicking against the floor. I hear the whooshing of the portal behind me before it disappears. I have about an hour and a half before day-break.

I walk to my closet, moving to the back to open my vault. Once I do, I slip my knife inside, on top of the book. I close the door, spinning the combination dial to lock it.

I take off my cape, hiding it.

I pull out my phone as I walk out of my closet.

ME: She awake yet?

KENJI: No

KENJI: Is she supposed to still be asleep?

ME: She shouldn't be

ME: If I remember correctly, she should've woken up when I removed the dagger

KENJI: Do u have it?

ME: Have what

KENJI: The dagger

ME: I'm not that careless

KENJI: You sure abt that?

I roll my eyes at his message.

I reach into my jacket, pulling out the dagger that kept her from fighting for her life. I study it for a silent moment before stuffing it back. I walk to my nightstand, looking for my necklace. I left it here when we left for Russia.

I open the drawer, rummaging through it. I find it at the bottom and I grab it. I wrap it around my neck, clasping the back around my neck. I hide my necklaces underneath my shirt, the cool metal sending a chill down my spine.

I'll give Hope her necklace once she's awake.

A piercing scream suddenly reverberates against the walls, my head feeling as though it'll explode. I press my palms to my ears, in hopes it'll drown out the noise.

I let out a wail, warm liquid slipping down the sides of my face, from my ears. Glass starts to shake as I feel the house vibrate. Doors slam open, but the scream doesn't stop. I cry out as I drop to my knees, the pain becoming overwhelming.

I clench my eyes shut, tears slipping down my face.

It's painful. So bloody painful.

Someone grabs me, cradling me to their chest. The ringing only seems to get louder. "What's happening?!" I can barely register the words as blood drips down my neck.

"Go! Help Alex with Lilly!" A different voice yells, the words sounding closer. I feel something thick run down my face, dripping from my eyes. My eyes relax, but my cries don't silence. It gets worse and worse, my cries progressively become louder until it turns ear-splitting, the windows of my room shattering.

Whoever is holding me covers me, blocking my body from the glass. My body relaxes as my body crumbles in on itself.

 My body relaxes as my body crumbles in on itself