62. | Forgotten

Evelyn burst through Nikolai's bedroom door, looking worried

Evelyn burst through Nikolai's bedroom door, looking worried. He raised a brow.

"I need you to take it away." She said abruptly.

His brows scrunched together. "I'm not following."

"I want to forget everything." She explained vaguely. "Everything that happened in that prison. Can you take it away? Can you make me forget?" She looked desperate.

"I-I can—"

"Do it." She took two steps forward. "Take it away."

"If I do this, you can still get your memories back. You can't permanently wipe them." Her brows furrowed. "They'd be collected in a tiny orb, but if it breaks, all those memories go right back inside your head."

"I don't care. Whatever it takes. I want– No, I need to forget. This is the only thing I ask of you." She looked so desperate, so eager to do it.

He sighed. "I'll need Angel."

She nodded and ran out, returning a few minutes later with Angel at her side. She really was desperate, Nikolai thought to himself.

"Why are you dragging me?" She asked.

"Angel, I need to talk to you for a second." She nodded, and he led her into the bathroom. "Grace, lay down on the bed or something." She nodded, and he shut the door. "She wants to wipe her memory."

"What?"

"She wants to forget about everything that happened in the Inhumane Ward." He elaborated.

"And you're going to do it?" She looked at him in disbelief. "Does she know that they don't stay forgotten? They come back once the memory orb breaks."

"Yes, I told her."

"Are you going to do it?"

"Would you rather I let her start self-harming and, worse, try to commit again? If she doesn't remember, we won't have to worry." He defended.

"She will have gaps in her memory. She won't remember why she tried to commit." She argued.

"Maybe it's not such a bad thing." He shrugged. She leveled him with a look. "Just– Will you do this? Will you help me help her?"

She sighed. "Fine. But that memory orb is your responsibility." She pointed a stern finger in his face, and he nodded. They left and she walked to the bed where Evelyn sat. She sat down in front of her. "Evelyn, if you do this, you'll have to remember everything you went through. Everything."

"I want to do it." She replied.

"Okay." Angel sighed, stood. "Lay down." She did. "Close your eyes and relax your body." She blew out a breath, and her body gradually relaxed, her eyes falling shut. Angel's hand hovered inches from her forehead, a glowing light running from Evelyn's head to Angel's hand.