78. | Nightmare

Oliver took the wet rag, dabbing Evelyn's head to clean up the blood

Oliver took the wet rag, dabbing Evelyn's head to clean up the blood. She had collapsed back at Tartarus and Angel had to drag her with the help of Lilly.

She had a stab wound, though it looked as if something sliced her, rather than someone stabbing.

Oliver stood up as Angel walked in. "How is she?"

"Healing." He answered with a stiff smile. "What the hell happened back there?"

She sighed, sticking her hands in the back pockets of her jeans. "Well, she beat a god and killed him. The first witch to have done so."

Maxi ran in, jumping into the bed and laying his head on Evelyn's stomach. "I'm just glad she made it out alive." He sighed.

"Yeah." She whispered. "Cronos was...a twisted man. He craved power."

He chuckled slightly. "That much is obvious."

"You're lucky I had gotten there."

His brows furrowed. "Why?" She sighed, staring at him with a somber look. "Why? What did she do?" She hesitated to answer. "Mom."

At the use of that name, she gave in. "She was going to let him kill her." His head snapped back to Evelyn, who was sleeping peacefully. From what he could see.

Malia materialized beside Oliver. "I know why you remember." Her statement confused him, his head turning slightly. "Why you remember who you are."

"Why?"

"Cronos found your memory orb and shattered it." She explained.

"That's what happens if it breaks?"

"Memory orbs are fragile things," Angel commented. "Once they are broken, the memories inside are released."

"So if Evelyn's..."

"If hers were to break, she'd remember everything." She finished for him. "Which is why Nik must be very, very careful with it." Malia went to speak, but Angel beat it to her, pointing a finger at her. "No."

"I didn't say anything yet."

"I know exactly what you were about to say. The answer is no."

"I forgot how much of a buzzkill you were." She glared.

"You're being selfish."

Malia stared at her flabbergasted. "Selfish? Are you kidding?! She doesn't even remember anything!"

"And it's going to stay that way! End of discussion."

"You're not my mother!" She stormed out.

Oliver sighed as Angel chased after her, yelling, "Malia!" Reluctantly, he chased after them, finding them in the hallway.

"Why can't I bring them back?!"

"Because you'll ruin everything! Evelyn was in pain!" Angel yelled.

"So was I!" She pointed at her chest, her eyes blurring with unshed tears.