19. | Dress Shopping

I blink and I'm in the office, I blink again and I'm in a cold, concrete cave

 I blink and I'm in the office, I blink again and I'm in a cold, concrete cave. Rock and crystals are everywhere I look.

"As I said, a cave." Angel remarks.

I roll my eyes and walk further into the cave. "Kenji?" I yell. I don't get a response, so I walk farther into the cave. "Kenji!"

"Grace?" I hear his voice ask before he comes into view.

"Kenji." I breathe out.

"You're actually here?" He stands up. I nod and he runs to me. He hugs me and a smile falls onto my lips. "You're okay." He whispers, seeming to talk to himself.

"I'm okay." I whisper back. He pulls back with a smile. Then I remember the cards in my pocket. "Right. I've got something."

"A gift?"

"Not quite." A smirk pulls at my lips.

***

"Can't this place be tracked?" Kenji asks.

"Nope. I compelled the owners to forget this house even existed, and besides, it's in the woods. It's not likely to get found." I shrug as the many men I compelled walk into the house, carrying luggage and furniture.

"But it's still probable." Kenji crosses his arms as we stand under the crystal chandelier.

"We have a house, Kenji." I state, gesturing to the four walls around us. "Plus, these cards have an unlimited amount of money." I let out a chuckle at the cards in my hand.

"Or," Angel speaks up, carrying a box in. "the person you stole them from do." She gives me a look, and I roll my eyes.

I walk toward the stairs. "I'm going to pick a bedroom." I walk up them, quickly reaching the second floor. I turn to look at him over the railing. "And, Kenji, you can't complain. I got you an entire office for your computer." I smirk. I toss one of the cards to him. "Go bonkers." He catches it and I walk away.

I open one of the bedrooms, surveying the area and the size of the room.

I don't need the biggest one, since I won't be living here as often as Kenji and Angel.

"Who said I was living here?" I spin around, Angel leaning against the door frame with her arms crossed, one eyebrow perched up.

I turn my head slightly. "What are you talking about?"

"You said I'd be living here. Indirectly, sure, but you said it." She tilts her head as she talks. "If you're going to be living in the Shiovani Residence, I am too. I'm not leaving you alone." She shakes her head. "I..." She pauses before she starts back up again. "I wasn't there for you...when—"

"Don't. Do not say his name." I interrupt, knowing exactly what she's talking about.

"Okay...when he kidnapped you. You needed me, but I hid." I avoid her gaze, looking at the ground with an emotionless gaze. "To be honest, I wasn't...a guardian angel, like you said. I abandoned you, and you've had enough of that in your life."