12. | Finally Solving the Mystery

I storm inside the apartment, slamming the door behind me, but Kenji storms in after me

"You agreed to a fake marriage?! A marriage is the least of your worries!" He yells as Angel slams the door.

"Oh, and turning you is at the top?" I give him an incredulous look.

"Yes!"

"No!" I stomp up to him. "It is not! My family is at the top." I seethe, glaring at him.

"I agreed to help you, in exchange, you would figure out how to turn me into a Blood Witch." He states.

I spin around, lifting my hands to my head in frustration. "Oh my god! That's all you care about!" I spin back to him, my eyes wide. "I spent almost eighty bloody hours, trying to figure out how and I found nothing! There's nothing in the textbooks, and there's nothing in my house! The entire time I have known you, all you do is bug me and nag me about turning you into a Blood Witch!"

"Yes! It's what I care about because it's what I want!"

"So everything's about what you want? If it has nothing to do with you, it's not important?!" I yell.

"No! I care about what you want, too!"

"Guy—"

"No, you don't! You care about becoming one of me, but guess what? It's not a thrill ride!" A hollow laugh slips my lips as I hold my arms out. "I mean, look at me! I'm a mess! I don't even know ninety-percent of what or who I am because I had to be the luckiest person on the whole goddamn planet to be picked to be a part of a species that died out centuries ago!" By now, we're basically screaming at each other.

"And you can learn!" He yells back, eyes wide. "There are textbooks for a reason, Grace! They can teach you about yourself! You can learn how to turn me! You can get your family back after you learn to wield your power to its full potential! But a marriage doesn't fit anywhere in this!"

"No textbooks can teach me about myself." My volume drops as I glare at him. "And, at least with this marriage, I can be eight-hundred grand richer!"

"You're in it for the money? That's all it is?" He scoffs, shaking his head. "No. You're not signing some stupid contract to do a fake marriage and get eight-hundred grand." He walks to the kitchen.

"Guys—"

"It's eight-hundred grand! And last I checked, you weren't my dad!"

"No, but I sure as hell feel like it. This is stupid of you to do. You're not doing this marriage." He shakes his head, standing outside of the kitchen.

"Why? Because turning you is so important?" I raise my brows at him as my nostrils flare.

"Yes! It is!"

"You want to be turned?"

"Kenji, don't!" Angel warns.

He ignores her and nods.