48. | Locum ac Sententia Cantatio

"When is the last time you slept?" Killian asks exasperatedly, finding me still occupying his office

I scan through the papers, muttering, "Three days ago," as I study the actions of Alex. I hear him storm up to the desk, then the papers in my hand are slammed to the desk.

I sigh but finally look up. "You need to sleep."

"I'm a vampire. Pretty sure I can last without sleep." He glares at me, but I shrug.

"Go. To. Bed." He demands. I swat him away, taking the papers back. Security footage cuts off at a specific time, which is odd. It's frequent, meaning that this isn't my doing.

"Hey!" I exclaim as Killian moves the chair from the desk, spinning me toward him. I yelp in surprise from Killian tossing me over his shoulder. "Put me down, you bloody imbecile!" He ignores me, walking somewhere I can't see.

I grunt as I'm tossed down, bouncing on a bed. I move onto my side to get up, but he pushes me back down, pinning me by my wrists. "Don't think I won't tie you to this bed."

"Then you should know that I can easily burn through the ropes." I retort.

"I'll find something you can't burn through."

"I'd like to see you try." I lift my head, raising my face to his so we're inches apart.

He stands up and sits down on the bed. I furrow my brows but get up, ready to leave. I don't make it very far as he grabs me by my waist, pulling me down on the bed with him. I try to get up, but he drops his body on me, pinning me.

"Nope. You are going to sleep." He argues.

"Get off of me." I grunt, trying to push him off. I attempt to roll out from under him, but he wraps his arm around me, trapping me. I groan and turn over, pushing against his chest. "Why are you so freakishly strong?" I whine.

"Don't know. But it gives me an advantage against you." His hair tickles my neck as he rubs his head in the crook of my neck. I can't help but laugh at the feeling. He lifts his head. "Do that again."

"Do what?"

"Laugh. Laugh again." He stares at me with a serious face.

"No."

"Yes. Laugh." He demands.

"No."

"Yes."

Actually, I can use this to my advantage.

I smile before I laugh. It catches him off-guard and I shove him off. I grab the closest thing I can find – which is his phone – and take off.

"Hey! Blade!" I giggle to myself as I run through his office, to the door. I hear him chasing me as I rip the door open. "Blade!" He yells. I run down the stairs, struggling to turn the corner as I'm running. "Get back here!" I run into the kitchen, grinning.