1. | A Stroll Through the City

FIVE MONTHS LATER

FIVE MONTHS LATER...

My phone rings, just as I'm stepping out of the store. I answer it without looking at the caller ID, already knowing who it is.

"Yes, Kenji?"

"You got my candy, right?" He asks, and I sigh, nodding.

"Yes, I got your stupid candy." I say, annoyed, as I walk down the sidewalk.

"You disrespect my Milky Ways." He huffs, like a three year old. I bet he's crossing his arms and pouting right now.

"You stay holed up in your room all day, expecting me to do everything for you." I state. Five months ago, if someone told me that I'd be dealing with a three year old in a man's body who knows how to use a computer, I would've laughed in their face.

A month after I met Kenji, I dyed my hair. I dyed my hair platinum blonde. I was also forced to change my name because I didn't need my old enemies knowing I was alive. "I'll just end up making new ones." I had told Kenji. He shrugged and told me to get over it. I still haven't figured out how to transform him into one of me, but I'm working on it.

"You do realize that I have an earpiece from you connected, right?" I ask as I walk into an alley, even though I'm muted as is he.

"That's for work. This is non-work related." He states matter-of-factly. I roll my eyes at him and I create a portal into his bedroom. I hang up as the portal closes behind me, throwing his bag of candy at him. He catches it with a grin and I grab my knife from my pocket.

I still haven't found my enchanted dagger. I really need to name that thing. Kenji doesn't know about it, and I don't intend on letting him know about it.

"Did you find anything on who took my family?" I ask, plopping down on his bed.

"Well, considering you don't have an exact date, I can't quite check the cameras." He spins in his chair to face me.

"I said two years ago. So, there's three-hundred-sixty-five days in a year." I state.

"And that's eight thousand, seven hundred, and sixty hours. Not very helpful." He gives me an unamused look.

"It's been five months. How can you not check three-hundred-and-sixty-five days within that time period?" I ask, sitting up on my forearms.

"Because you are not a computer wiz and you don't know how difficult it can be with such vague information."

"Fine. I'm going on a walk." I climb off the bed.

"You just got here, and you're already going back out?" He asks, and I shrug.

"Why not?" I make a portal, and step out into the same alley I used to get there. I only have my phone on me, which is in the back pocket of my skinny jeans, and my knife that I just got. The sun is already setting, since I decided to go so late.