0.7 | A Village of Witches

I feel something being pressed up against my mouth, a liquid flowing and draining into my throat

I feel something being pressed up against my mouth, a liquid flowing and draining into my throat. Forced to swallow it, I do.

My vision slowly returns and I flutter my eyes open. The elderly lady sits above me, holding a vial in her hand. I slowly sit up, confused.

"What did you use?" I ask, my brows furrowed.

"You're in a village of witches, dear. We've got lots of herbs that can help." She lets out a small, kind laugh.

"Witches?" I question.

"Why, yes. Ady and Quinn were ones too, weren't they? They were your friends. That's why you asked about them, yes?" She asks. I slowly nod my head.

"Did you follow after me?"

"Yes, yes. Inappropriate, I know. But you have this gleam in your eyes." I tilt my head. "You have this gleam of loneliness. Your friends aren't here, and it seems, it has grown." She states.

"My family is missing and I woke up from a five year coma a couple hours ago." It's not the full truth, but it's also not a complete lie.

"I see. I'm sure you'll find them." She smiles at me as I stand up. She follows as I look around. My gaze lands on a ring that gleams in the sunlight. I tilt my head and slowly walk toward it. It's laying in the middle of the floor, a few feet away from the door.

My brows furrow as I stalk closer, leaning down to pick it up. I examine it, the silver shimmering under the sunlight's rays.

"You're engaged?!" My voice echoes in my head as I remember when Ady brought me here through a portal and I found out Quinn proposed.

I stand up, holding the ring, and I walk down the hall to two bedrooms. One door is shut while the other is open. My curiosity gets the better of me and I open the door. It's a nursery, fit with a white crib and a beige blanket.

I turn to the elderly woman, who's still following me. "Were they expecting?"

"Yes, yes. A few months after their wedding, they started looking for surrogates." She answers. I smile slightly, sadness flaring to life inside of me at the thought of missing my best friend's wedding. "Ady made sure she saved two seats at their wedding. One for you, and another for a handsome young man. He passed so young." She sighs sadly.

I think I have a pretty good idea who she's talking about. "Yeah. H-He did." I whisper, avoiding her gaze.

Because of me. He's gone because of me.

I walk across the hall to the bedroom. Dust has been collected on a series of things, and the bed is still wrinkly from before something happened to them. At least, I think. I look around, looking at the pictures in frames on a table that's up against one of the walls.

I pick up one of Ady and Quinn at their wedding. Quinn's wearing a black ruffly dress and Ady's wearing a gorgeous champagne white dress with a tulle skirt and an off-the-shoulder bodice. The sleeves are lace and they have little glitters in them, from what I can see from the sunlight reflecting on it. They both look happy.