67. | Fear

We stand around, surrounding the abandoned manor

We stand around, surrounding the abandoned manor. It reminds me of the place my family is currently rebuilding.

I watch as he walks inside, yelling into his phone. I take off, knocking items over. He pauses as I hide.

I do it again.

"Who's there?" He yells, ending his call.

I move back up and stand on top of one of the railings, holding onto the pillar that's beside me to keep me balanced. I don't respond, hiding in the shadows. I turn and look at the others who are also in the shadows.

Only, I can see them since we're at the same level. I turn back to him as he spins around in a circle, looking around the darkened house.

"Come out and show yourself!" He shouts. I turn back towards Killian and he nods, seeming to know what I'm saying, more like asking. I take off again, a whooshing sound following behind me. I stay in the shadows, but I know he heard me. "Show yourself, you coward!"

"Or what?" I ask, a smirk lifting upon my face. "You'll kill me?"

"Maybe I will." He shrugs casually, but I can tell that he's scared. He doesn't know who he's talking to.

Good. It makes this a whole lot better.

A taunting giggle escapes my lips. "Been there, done that." I state, stepping out of the shadows. The sunlight shines down on me, warming my skin. "Hello, Jeremy. Lovely to see you again." A sinister smile lifts upon my lips.

He gawks. "He should've killed you. You're supposed to be dead!" He yells.

"Oh, trust me, I was. Multiple times, actually. Yet, here I stand!" I hold out my arms with a smile.

"Then I'll just kill you again. But this time, I'll do it right." His voice comes out gruffly, and I smirk.

He reaches into his pocket to grab the dagger, but I hold it up in my hand. "Looking for this?" I ask, twirling the dagger around, fidgeting with the blade.

"How in the—"

"Don't bother. I'm a Blood Witch. I have a way with magic." I state, scrunching my face a little. He glares as I step towards him. I hear everyone else behind me, but he doesn't notice.

"You're outnumbered." He says, and I let out a small, light laugh.

Many people show up behind Jeremy, but I can already tell he's outnumbered. He's got around fifty people. I've got over 100.

Gotta love recruits.

"Don't make this harder than it has to be, Evelyn." He sneers.

Suddenly, I'm laughing. I tilt my head down at the ground before lifting my hands to cup the side of my face, still laughing. "What's so funny?"

"What's funny is you think you have an advantage against me." I'm grinning.

"I have your family." He blurts.