Episode 3

Sachi's POV

He came inside. But he was not alone, there was a girl with him with a small baby, probably 1 year old. But why do I feel like I have seen her somewhere? Her face is somewhat familiar to me but how? Whoever she is, what is she doing here in my house with my husband? And whose baby is this? Does he have 2nd wife? Sachi look at that baby, I think I am the second wife here. Is he cheating on me? But why is everyone surprised? My train of questions was stopped by Samaira's voice.

"Samastha dii" she said this and just ran to hug her. I was so confused. Wait, her name is Samastha... SAMASTHA. Is she that Samastha Khanna who always used to be with Sanjh in our college. They were always together there in U.S. which means the baby could be Sanjh's too. Because when I was in college, Samastha and Sanjh were really popular. Everyone used to say that they were dating but my stubborn ass never trusted on this kind of rumors. What if they used to? Just thinking about it tears came into my eyes. Don't think anything negative Sachi.

I was in my thoughts when Maa came and asked me worriedly "Sachi what happened to you? Why did your eyes turn red?" I did not answer her so she just touched my hand. I was shocked by her touch and look at her confusingly.

Sudha said worriedly "What are you thinking about so deeply? Don't you know what I said Sachi?"

"When? Sorry Maa, I was in my thoughts." I said and put my head down. I was controlling my tears. I just wanted to run away from this house.

Sudha said "It's okey Sachi. But why your eyes are red?"

"Nothing. I am gonna bring water for them Maa" I said in hurry and Maa just nodded. I came to kitchen and told myself- "Sachi, don't cry. You know how to control your tears very well, okey. At least for yourself, for your dad's sake please control once again."

I took a deep breath and grabbed the tray full of glasses and headed to the living room. When I reached the living room, everyone was laughing and talking. When they saw me everyone stopped talking. Suddenly Papa said breaking the awkwardness "Sachi, why are you standing there come here and sit with us."

I was looking like an unwanted person in their happy family. I gave Papa a fake smile and put that tray in the middle of the tea table. Suddenly my eyes found him, he was talking and laughing with that kid forgetting everyone in the living room. Seeing his smiling face made me smile too. But then reality hit me and I thought I don't need to be there so I was about to leave.
When Samaira called me "Bhabhi, where are you going? Sit with us."

"Just going into my room. I'm not feeling well so..." I said giving her a smile.

She worriedly asked "What happened? Let's go to hospital then"

I just slapped my head in my mind and said "No no, it's okey. I am just tired."

She said "then just sit with us please."

Sameer bhai "Please sit with us Sachi" he said with puppy eyes.

I just shook my head in negative and sat beside Samu. Our siting position was like Papa was sitting alone in one couch, Sanjh, Sameer and that kid on one couch and on another there were Maa and Samastha & further on one couch me and Samaira. Samastha and me were siting opposite to each other.

As we were sitting facing to each other, I started looking at her. I don't know how long I was looking at her. I was staring more than I could see. She is still pretty. She was the only girl in the group of four. Every single girl was jealous of her back then in the college, maybe me too. Because she was the only girl who was closest to Sanjh. Sanjh Rajvanshi was very famous in college for his good looks, handsome face and also for his intelligence but he was too cold to handle for girls. He was a heartthrob.

Talking with Sanjh Rajvanshi in college was not that easy, especially for girls but except for one girl and that was Samastha Khanna. At that time, I thought she was just a friend but now I am doubting, now I am afraid. The child got up from Sanjh and came to Samastha.

"Mom da da dad..." he spoke stutteringly pointing to Sanjh. I looked at his direction. He got up like nothing happened and walked towards the direction of the room.

Samastha said "I know Kush you talked with dad." That kid just nodded his head cutely. Samastha continued "I can see that beta. My baby isn't hungry yet?" the baby's name is probably Kush. Kush said "hungry hungry" she chuckled at his cuteness. That baby was indeed cute. After talking with Kush, she immediately looked at me and smiled. I looked at her confusingly and fake smiled.

Samastha said smilingly "You must be Sachi, right." I just shook my head positively and she continued. "Kush is hungry, can we have something to eat Sachi?"

"Yes of course but I don't know what will he eat so please can you come with me to the kitchen?" I asked her. But why did he call Sanjh dad? Whatever it is Sachi, accept it as your fate now. That baby hasn't harmed anyone nor has any enmity with him. Thinking this I looked at Kush who was playing with pen. He is too cute to handle. I smiled looking at him and looked at her for my answer she said "Sure."

We both went to kitchen. I showed her everything what I made for everyone. She just took a little rice in plate. I asked her confusingly "How do you know my name? Do you know me?"

She looked at me and smiled saying "How can I not know you? You are Sanjh's wife Sachi, right?"

"Sorry I don't know you and no one told me about you" I said a little scared. Because maybe I already knew the answer to my question.

She extended her hand and said "hello I'm Samastha, Samastha Randhir Kapoor"

I smiled and held her hand with mine and said "I'm Sachi Rajvanshi. Nice to meet you."

Suddenly her eyes turned big and she said in hurry "We will talk later I almost forgot about Kush. He is waiting for me." I chuckle and nodded. She mumbled a bye and left the kitchen.

After talking with her I felt better and went towards my room forgetting everyone. I went to the front of my room and opened the door and went inside. I sat on my bed thinking about Samastha. It is not as I thought about Samastha. Why everyone hated her in college. But now she is married and she had a son but then why Kush called Sanjh dad? Where is her husband then? Is she cheating on him then? How did she come alone with Sanjh?

The thoughts of questions stopped running through my head when I heard the sound of water coming from the bathroom. I was totally scared because in all these days it never happened to me that the sound of water would start coming from the bathroom. No one would ever come into my room at least without asking me.

Even though I was scared, I gathered all my courage and tried to open the closet door but the door is locked. Now I freaked out. The door is locked means someone is behind, maybe even a thief. This time I again tried to forcefully open the closet door. The sound of the water in the bathroom was stopped by the sound of the door or something and a familiar male voice came from the bathroom.

"What the hell do you want now?" as soon as the voice reached my ears, I recognized whose voice it was.

"Sorry" I spoke in a low voice that I even don't know if he could hear my voice or not. Without hearing his voice, I heard the sound of water falling again.

Now I started to get nervous because of his manly voice and he was bathing in my room or our room. Thinking about this I blushed hard but in the midst of all this, I even forgot about my husband. I sat on the bed again but now thinking about my husband. While I was in my thoughts, the bathroom door opened and my handsome husband came out of the bathroom. Suddenly our eyes locked with each other.

****************