Nostalgic laughter🧸

Handsome

"Why on earth would she do that?" I queried, utterly perplexed. Why would my own mother orchestrate such a scheme? Why dispatch someone to shadow our every move? Questions swirled in my mind, a perplexing whirlpool of thoughts for which I had no immediate answers.

It was as if Beauty could sense the maelstrom of uncertainty within me, for she offered an explanation almost as if she had anticipated my thoughts.

"Perhaps she just wanted to ensure my safety, to know that I am secure with someone like you," she responded, her words bearing a dual meaning, as if shrouded in veiled intent. Her suggestion hung in the air, suggesting a lack of trust , and I couldn't shake the sting of the insinuation.

What if First luv knew all this is fake,and that's why she sent the man.
What if she knows about all the truth..
With every word, Beauty seemed to be weaving a tapestry of guilt around me. Her words, a mix of possibility and truth, painted a picture of First love's doubts. My initial instinct was to dismiss such notions, to resist believing that my mother could actually know about the real motive behind the marriage .

Yet, the weight of past incidents, those that Beauty recounted, bore down on me like anchors, tugging at my sense of conviction.

I know she was just trying to make me afraid,to scare me deliberately and I don't even know why I'm actually falling for that.

Beauty recounted incidents that might have led First love to succumb to her suspicions. Instances where I had fallen short, where misunderstandings had festered, and where my actions had given rise to doubt.
I listened to Beauty's words, each anecdote a brushstroke on the canvas of our shared history, a history that had me all to blame,a history where I'm nothing but the guilty one in.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the landscape of our surroundings, I found myself grappling with the complexity of it all. The revelation that my mother's actions were driven by a mix of concern,care and doubt left me with conflicting emotions. And yet, a glimmer of understanding flickered in the midst of the turmoil,maybe she didn't know about it,maybe she just wanted Beauty to be safe.

"Yea that must be the only reason" I assured myself.

The familiar tune of my phone's ringtone pierced the air, prompting me to retrieve it from my pocket. The caller ID displayed "First Luv," and for a brief moment, I found myself hesitating before answering the call.

"Hello, darling," her voice greeted warmly through the phone's speaker. "I can see you're truly looking after your wife. Keep it up, habibi."

Her words washed over me, a mixture of acknowledgment and affection that I hadn't expected.
At that moment I was relieved,sure she was only doing that to make sure Beauty is safe.
It was a momentary twist in the tale, as if her comment carried a deeper meaning, one that I struggled to grasp. The conversation with Beauty still reverberated within me, intertwining with the unexpected call from my mother.

As I returned the phone to my pocket, I exchanged a glance with Beauty. Her eyes held a mix of emotions, mirroring my own thoughts. We stood in silence for a moment, the day around us alive with the rustle of leaves and the distant hum of life in the resort.

***
Beauty

"We have to act" he said and I nodded in agreement. I probably won't like it if First luv catches us. I just said all that only to scare him so he could be more careful with me but deep down I would never like for that to happen.