Chapter 100 100. Dragon Boat Festival

Dragon Boat Festival.

  The Chu family woke up early as usual, and everyone is on holiday today, doing nothing but enjoying the Dragon Boat Festival.

  Chu Qingyue stood in the yard and raised her voice, "Mother, my sisters and I went to the river to pick wormwood and calamus."

  Li Qingyu was busy in the kitchen, and replied, "Okay, you guys go and come back quickly."

  The sun with half of its face exposed in the sky, shining golden-red light.

  The three sisters, Chu Qingyue, walked towards the river in the morning wind. The morning wind was cool and blew on their faces, making them very comfortable.

  Chu Xuyao ​​chased after her, "Second Sister, Fourth Sister, Fifth Sister, wait for me."

  The three sisters stopped and turned around.

  Chu Qingyue raised a gentle smile, "What are you doing here?"

Chu Xuyao ​​was wearing a small light blue robe, with half of his hair tied on top of his head with a light blue headband, a belt of the same color as the clothes on his waist, a small sachet hung on the belt, and black boots, standard Scholar dress up.

  Learning begins with clothes. Since going to school, Chu Xuyuan and Chu Xuyao ​​have been dressed like this.

  The little guy has a pair of eyes, the tails of which are bent down and turned up, the standard fox eyes, the eyes are always bright, piercing, and very smart at first glance.

  He answered Chu Qingyue's question, "I'll just take a look."

  Chu Qingyue continued to walk towards the river with a few people, "You can read more, lest you become a nerd who doesn't know anything except reading."

   "Second sister, I don't know how to do it." Chu Xuyao ​​walked to Chu Qingzhi's side, raised a small face full of curiosity and asked, "Fifth sister, why do you hang wormwood and calamus on the Dragon Boat Festival?"

  Chu Qingzhi evoked a smile, and explained, "Dragon Boat Festival coincides with midsummer on the fifth day of May. The weather is hot and humid, poisonous insects are invading, and the plague and miasma are beginning to occur. The human body is easy to get sick."

  "Calamus is known as the head of the five auspicious trees. Its leaves are like a sharp sword. It is believed that it can drink away ghosts. Ai Cao is used to moxibustion and cure diseases. It is believed to have the function of expelling plague diseases."

   "So hanging wormwood and calamus means to get rid of all diseases and evil spirits."

  Chu Xuyao ​​had an educated expression on his face, "It turns out that there are so many customs, Fifth Sister, when will I be as knowledgeable as you?"

  It is impossible in this life, she has also studied for hundreds of years? Chu Qingzhi encouraged, "You are still young, learn slowly, and the more you read in the future, the more you will naturally know."

  Chu Xuyao ​​nodded, "I understand Fifth Sister."

  Chu Qingyue and Chu Qingning glanced at each other, and it turned out that they were different after studying. They only knew to hang calamus and wormwood at the door, but they never thought about why.

   A voice with a clear and clear voice unique to teenagers came from one side, "Several sisters, Xu Yao."

   Several people saw that it was Chu Zeyun, a student from the same village who was studying at Yunjiao Academy like Chu Xuyao.