Chapter 112. Marriage Proposal Process

The old man gave Father Tang a slap when he saw him. It was shameless. Since today was a happy event, he didn't say anything critical. We'll wait until the matter is over.

  Chu Matchmaker took the lead, smiling, "Let's go."

  Tang Jinghong raised his eyes to look at Chu Qingzhi's house, a gleam of expectation flashed in his eyes.

  Chu Qingzhi was dressing up in the room. She usually tied a ponytail and inserted a wooden hairpin, but today Tang Jinghong came to propose marriage, so she couldn't be so casual.

  Several sisters are helping her dress up in the room.

  Chu Qingning suggested, "Second sister, let's wear all the jewelry that Brother Jing Hong gave yesterday, and Brother Jing Hong probably wants to see it too."

  Chu Qingyue did not make the decision by herself, but asked Chu Qingzhi, "Qingzhi, is that okay?"

  Chu Qingzhi looked at herself in the mirror with an extraordinarily delicate and beautiful face today, and nodded, "Put it on, today is an important occasion."

  She also wants to show the most beautiful side in front of the person she likes.

  Outside, Matchmaker Chu walked in the front, and the others followed her into the yard.

  Chu matchmaker raised her voice, "Chu Tai, our family Jinghong has come to propose marriage."

  Grandpa Chu was the first to go up to meet him, his face turned into a flower with a smile, "Uncle, village chief, future in-laws, matchmaker, Jing Hong, have prepared tea, please come inside."

  Grandma Chu, Li Qingyu, and Chu Rong came out to greet each other. Today, everyone is wearing red clothes and looks very happy.

  Everyone sat down in the main room, and the bearer put the boxes next to each other in the main room, and then stood aside.

  People from the village followed to watch the excitement, and soon the inside and outside were crowded with people, everyone was talking in low voices, it was extremely lively.

   "Oh my god, the bride price in the four big boxes is too much and too expensive, right?"

   "I've grown up so much, I've never seen someone hired like this, even those daughters in the county are not like this?"

   "That's not true, Jing Hong simply hides his secrets, but seeing Jing Hong's love for Qing Zhi, I'm afraid he can't wait to get some more."

   "..."

  There are melon and fruit candies on the table, eat them casually.

   Proposal of marriage needs to go through the process of three letters and six rituals. Since it is a marriage by a clear matchmaker, it is impossible to lack any of them.

  The three books refer to the letter of appointment, letter of ceremony, and letter of welcome.

  Appointment letter refers to the book of engagement, which is used when a man and a woman formally conclude a marriage contract.

  Book of Rites is the book of rites, which is a list of gifts, which lists the types and quantities of gifts in detail, and is used when accepting gifts (excessive gifts).

  Yingshu is the book for marrying the bride, which is used on the day of marriage.

  Six ceremonies refer to the six etiquettes from marriage proposal to completion, namely Nacai, Asking Names, Naji, Nazheng, Asking Dates, and Greeting.