dasher-

This is my interview with dasher-

They have 1.12k followers at the moment and 9 published works including their newest book It's For The Glory Baby which is a Frerard and Bonjour which is another Frerard that has 114k reads.

1. You have been on this site for three years according to your page. Have you been actively writing this entire time and if so do you still enjoy it as much as you did when you started?

I'm almost always writing. I probably write more now than I did when I first started as there is now a higher demand for my stories.

As of now, I'd say I find writing more enjoyable than I ever have in my life. I'm always writing but just not always working on what's currently published. I don't like forcing my inspiration for stories, I prefer to let it come naturally because I find that my work is better when it's something I actually want to write.

2. What did it feel like to hit 1k followers?

I don't know... I don't usually get too excited over followers. I just made sure to thank everyone, I do really appreciate it. It's usually my friends who notice my follower number before I do myself, haha. But don't get me wrong, I am grateful for every follower I get, it's just never my main concern with social media.

3. You mostly write Frerard, so how did you first get into that ship?

Funny story actually, I knew about Frerard before I actually knew about My Chemical Romance as a whole.

I used to ship Shoey (Shane Dawson and Joey Graceffa (I called that he was gay since winterspringpro)) and I'd always see Frerard fics in my recommendations, but that was at the time when Wattpad didn't force you to have an account so I wasn't fully committed to the website or anything at the time. I believe the first Frerard fanfic I ever read was Complicated.

But anyways, before I read that, I did my research about them because I thought they looked weird but interesting. I was really into pop music at the time and the way emo was described to me was 'people who cry when they don't get what they want' so I was very overly critical when I first started checking them out.

The first song that I ever listened to was I Don't Love You and I actually didn't like Gerard's face too much, believe it or not. So then I went on into interviews when they were in Danger Days, that's where I heard the song S.I.N.G. in the interview where Frank laid in the panda's crotch. I went to hell and back searching for that song. Once I finally found it, I deleted all the music from my library and listen to that one song for months. Literally just that one song.

Then, I found The Ghost Of You and then I found Helena. Those were the first three songs of My Chemical Romance that I actually liked (sorry if this is all over the place). And after that, maybe for a solid year or more, I would only listen to My Chemical Romance, so I guess you could say the rest of the 'emo trinity' are kind of new to me. I admittedly do not have a whole lot of Fall Out Boy or Panic! At The Disco songs in my playlist but I am working on it.

4. What is your favorite thing that you've written so far?

I'm currently in between choosing Bonjour and A Hopeless Cause. I believe that A Hopeless Cause is a pretty well-rounded story out of all of the stories I've written so far. But Bonjour is kind of the story that shows my progress as a writer, so it means a lot to me. From XOXOG (still in the process of rewritten) to the first chapter of Bonjour, I've improved a lot, but from the first chapter of Bonjour to the most recently updated chapter of Bonjour, I've improved a LOT. Although it isn't as comparable now because I've also edited the first couple of chapters, but nothing major.

5. Do you have any pet peeves concerning Wattpad or things you dislike about posting on here?

I never really had too many problems writing on Wattpad until recently. With my stories I haven't posted, it logs me out for some reason so I've started writing on Google Docs with certain stories that aren't published.

6. What is the hardest part about writing for you?

Getting myself to focus on stories with higher demands. I have about 20 works unpublished but only a handful I can guarantee to actually make it onto my page for everyone to see.

I can also get extremely absentminded when it comes to writing stories especially when I'm excited to be writing about something and I feel that sometimes a chapter can come out all over the place.

And my focus isn't always directed on what I'm doing in the moment because when I'm writing, I'll usually have my guitar by my side along with another book and youtube pulled up with my music playing as well with a sketch book out (as I do right now). So it'll usually become an extremely prolonged process haha.

7. Do you have a certain book or author (either published or fanfiction) that inspired you to start writing?

I can't really say. I've always been interested in writing for as long as I could remember, whether it be poetry (which I'm not very gifted at), songwriting, and just writing stories or my thoughts down. I've always been one to lean more towards creative things. I just don't know what actually got me into sharing what I've written with others. Or at least no one I can pinpoint specifically.

I guess it was just when I actually made an account, I've seen other not so big authors publishing their work as well so I just thought, I've gotta start from somewhere even if my work isn't as big as someone like tragician_child or SeraphStarshine's (yours).

I can't necessarily say that you can't start and immediately blow up because you have people like chubbypinkgee who immediately started posting quality work, but I'm sure even that was an effort in silence itself unless they were just gifted like that which is pretty incredible if that is the case.

8. Any advice for someone new to Wattpad who is considering starting their own book?

You might have a rough start but keep trying. Be open to constructive criticism. You don't have to accept it all if it's not something you want to do, but just consider it. That's how I got better as an author. I try to read all of my comments, but the ones I pay attention most to are the ones that have information I could actually utilize even if I don't respond to those ones all the time.

Don't think that all critics are trying to attack you, the ones that are trying to be helpful are the ones who say what they think you did wrong or what could've executed better and tell you how to fix it rather than just bash on it.

9. If you could go back in time and do something differently on Wattpad what would it be?

I'm not exactly sure what I'd do, but I do miss how Wattpad was when it first started. I think it's added too much to the site so it makes it glitch and not notify you for everything so I just think Wattpad needs to find some sort of balance with everything it's doing.

10. Has your experience with Wattpad helped you grow or change at all as a person?

Generally, I don't think I've changed too much as a person, I've just matured. If this were early 2015, I probably would've been trying too hard to make this interview funny and maybe not have taken it as seriously or had as many in depth answers as I do now. If anything, I actually know what a vote button is now. And I'll have you know, I will press it.

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely dasher-

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr