IDEKTERBEAR

This is my interview with IDEKTERBEAR

They have 182 followers at the moment and 7 published works including Plastic Taste which is a Joji and Everything That You've Come To Expect which is a Milex with 10k reads.

1. You have been on this site for four years according to your page. Have you been actively writing this entire time and if so do you still enjoy it as much as you did when you started?

It has been a long time! I have been actively writing almost the whole time that I've had this account! With the exception of a few intervals of absence but for the most part, I've always been writing, and I think I love it just as much as when I started, if not more!

2. You write about a variety of ship. Do you have a favorite one?

Oh my, I do love me some good ships. I think my favorite is Milex! Miles Kane + Alex Turner from The Last Shadow Puppets! I love their dynamics and they're so loving to one another, Miles adores Alex and Alex adores Miles, they always stare in admiration of one another and know exactly how to comfort one another. I'd love to see them together, but even if it doesn't happen, I still love their close friendship!

3. Do you have a book of yours that you would recommend for people not sure where to start?

Hmm, this is a bit of a tough question, since it depends on who or what the reader likes, but I think my story O'Malley's Sister is a good place to start, it's about Nick O'Malley's younger sister Sarah and the romance that happens between her and Alex Turner. If they enjoy the Milex ship, my co-written story Everything That You've Come To Expect should be good for them! If anyone was curious about certain stories I encourage them to ask! :)

4. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

Well, I get it from everywhere! From photos or gifs that give me scene ideas, to a situation I've gone through in the past, to just how I'm feeling on a particular day. Even people here on Wattpad inspire me to write. For instance, one lovely writer named Dakota inspired me to write my Joji story, and in fact it's dedicated to her :) 

5. Do you have any other ships you enjoy but haven't written about yet?

Oh my goodness, yes! I absolutely adore MRog, Matty Healy + George Daniel from The 1975 as well as Raughy, Ross MacDonald + John Waugh, and even a bit simpler, I love George (Joji) Miller + Ian Carter, Jojian! They're all so wonderful and I'd love to write about them!

6. Would you like to one day work on getting a book published or do you write more for fun?

I think I write more for fun, but I think being published is something that would be a great accomplishment, but for now, I am very happy with what I have, and just writing for people who want to read! :)

7. How do you juggle writing and your personal life?

Oh my, it is a bit difficult. I think I maintain it by not pressuring myself to write by a certain time or have too many deadlines. My weekdays are so hectic, and the combination of homework and rehearsals make it difficult to find time to write during the week, besides the short chapter of a story here and there, but mainly I set that Sunday is my day where I can sit down and write as much as I want, and if I don't get everything done, it's okay! I always have the week to plan and Sunday to write once more! It helps keep me motivated!

8. Do you have any plans for new stories in the future?

Yes, of course! I get so many ideas from many places so often that I actually have 66 drafts, haha! *nervous laughter* but yes, I have plenty on the back burners that I think the readers will really love!

9. If you could go back in time and do something differently on Wattpad what would it be?

Oh, my. I know the exact answer to this one, didn't even have to think about it.

I would totally re-write my first story A Love Seat, and not use my own name! Oh! How embarrassing! When I started that story I used my own name because I started writing it in the middle of the night, and I was half asleep and couldn't think of a name!

Now since it's finished I wouldn't want to bug the readers by updating the chapters so that it's not my name, but I think I'd certainly have done it back then when I started it.

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

Oh my gosh, I don't think I could narrow down an exact grand moment, I think one moment off the top of my head that stands out to me is one day, one of my first few followers, I remember her name was Michelle, she commented on my story A Love Seat and it was a whole paragraph. She described what she thought of the chapter and of the story and what she thought was going to happen next and she even analyzed some of the characters and in that moment I felt so happy because I thought, the things that I convey in my writing are actually coming across clearly, and people are picking up on my hints and tricks, and it just made me love writing so much more!

Another good moment was when Dakota, the one I mentioned earlier, had dedicated a story to me that she had written, and I'd felt so special! It was a very good story that has since been taken down but I still loved every moment of it and I still actively interact with her on a daily basis! :)

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely IDEKTERBEAR

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Also please keep your fingers crossed for me I'm trying to get Harry tickets in a few hours and I'm a nervous wreck.

Love you all xxx

- starr