thegirlinawhitedress

This is my interview with thegirlinawhitedress

They have 411 followers at the moment and 3 published works including Picturesque and Becoming Someone Else which has 3k reads.

1. Why did you decide to first make your Wattpad account?

Oh, I decided to make my Wattpad account because I love reading. We all know buying a real hardcover book costs money, while Wattpad doesn't.

I wasn't really into writing books before, but then I saw that the other books here on Wattpad are made by Wattpad users, so I tried making one.

2. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

I got my writing inspiration from this user, ThreeBraveRavens. Since the first book I read on this site/app was her fanfiction, Blue Flames.

I also don't speak English fluently so I asked my teacher for some advice. I was supposed to write a Filipino book but my teacher said I could improve my English grammar if I would write an English book since others will point out my mistakes, and it would help me improve, right?

Last thing, I also got some writing inspiration from John Green from his book, The Fault in Our Stars, the first book I bought with my money.

3. According to your reading list you are interested in both original fiction and fanfiction. Do you enjoy reading one over the other?

Yes. Before, maybe last year, when I was starting to discover Wattpad, I was sticking to fanfictions. One Direction, Sheo, Everlark, etc. But then I realized original fictions are better. Any story is great, but I mostly prefer fanfictions and teen fiction.

4. When you write do you have any certain music or playlist you listen to while doing so?

Playlist? Not really. Sometimes when I write, I love listening to anything Taylor, or anything Ansel Elgort. Sometimes One Direction, since I imagine my boy character's voice is Harry's, and my girl character's voice is Taylor. Weird right?

5. Do you have any pet peeves concerning Wattpad or things you dislike about posting on here?

Nothing. I don't have any pet peeves concerning Wattpad. Maybe glitches. I don't like posting drama about my personal life here on Wattpad.

6. If you could be one of the characters you have written for a day who would you choose and why?

Okay, I relate to my character, Hailee with me in the future. I might grow up being NBSB since I really have high standards. Back to the question, I guess Hailee. Hailee is so great, she's so simple, and - I don't know, I just want to know what it would be like to be my character for a day.

7. What is the hardest part about writing for you?

The hardest thing for me with writing is grammar and making long chapters. English isn't my first language so grammar is so hard to me. Long chapters are hard for me too. If you are reading my story, Becoming Someone Else, my chapters have the minimum of 900 words. How short is that one!?

8. Do you have any plans for new stories in the future?

I'll spoil you, now. Hahaha. Okay, I am planning to make a sequel for Becoming Someone Else, titled Becoming Someone Better. Since the characters of my current book are above 21, I will make a story where the characters' ages are below 21. That's all I have in mind right now.

9. Do you have a future goal you would like to reach on Wattpad?

Nice question. Nice. My goal is to win any award in the Wattys. Any year. And also inspire other people to write and push themselves to the limit to inspire other people through writing.

Last thing is to have any of my books - current or in the future - to be published as a hardcover book. I have many years to go, since I am just 11.

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

Best moment? Whaa! Too many! Maybe reached 3.5k reads on my book. And, also making friends.

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely thegirlinawhitedress

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr