petewentzisdead

This is my interview with petewentzisdead

They have 5.21k followers at the moment and 16 published works including The Little Project which is a Brallon and Cancer which is a Joshler with 332k reads.

1. You joined this site three years ago. What first prompted you to make a Wattpad account?

Three years? Holy crap. It doesn't feel that long. I remember making my account back when I had goofy pink scene hair and an obsession with goofy emo bands.

I think I originally started my account to read Sterek and Brallon fanfiction. That's where I found 20_dollar_nosebleed who made me consider actually posting stories. She's still in my top three favourite people on Wattpad. (You are also one of them. Love you so much, baby boy.)

2. What did it feel like to hit 5k followers?

To be completely honest with you, I just had to check my account to confirm that this had indeed happened.

I think I'm weirdly saddened by that. This might sound ungrateful, but I miss having 300 followers who were all super loyal and sweet and easy to keep track of. I liked being on a first name basis with a large percentage of my readers. I feel like we used to be a stronger community on my account, but now there's a bit of a disconnect.

While I love all of my new followers and I'm so happy they're here, I'm sad that I don't have the time to get to know them on the same level that I know my older ones.

3. You write about a variety of ships. Do you have a favorite one?

I have favourite ships for different reasons. Joshler is the most versatile to write for me. I can squeeze them into any situation with less strain. Peterick is good for having smooshy soft stuff where you can be a little baffled by Pete being soft. Brallon is best for cute things because Brendon is so small in comparison to Dallon.

I'd have to say I like the prospect of relationships more than ships, if that makes sense.

4. You also have a second account milkcartonangel where you post more mature stories. Why did you decide to separate the two?

Oh golly. This is another one that might make me sound mean. I split the accounts because my main account was getting swallowed up in negative attention. There was a lot of pressure to update and I don't do too well under pressure. I'm soft to a fault.

Originally, the idea was to split the accounts so the scary things wouldn't be on my main so that one could remain a soft place. Unfortunately, Sacrificial Lamb and Basic Human Decency already exist there, and it doesn't get much darker than Satanic cults, so that wasn't successful.

In the end, the split wound up just giving me a second account where I can feel less pressured to update and have less panic attacks.

5. You write about so many subjects from horror to romance and everything in between. Where do you get your inspiration for your plots?

I get my plots from the environment I'm in. Lividity came from the music I was listening to and my love of true crime stories. That's where the majority of my horror stories have come from actually. I have a Spotify account that my readers can use to listen along with my characters or to hear the general tone of each story.

I also make a lot of aesthetics for the characters and stories, and sometimes when I can't think of a plot, I make an aesthetic and go from there. Most times, I dream about characters and stories. That's how Sacrificial Lamb came to be.

6. What story are you most proud of that is currently published?

I'd have to say that I'm most proud of Sacrificial Lamb. I wrote it in the space of a month and completely immersed myself in research on cults and psychology. I had a lot of nightmares and mental breakdowns throughout the process of this story, but it came out exactly how I wanted it. That's really rare for me.

7. I'm aware that you recently had an issue with your account being hacked and one of your books was deleted. Has that discouraged you from using Wattpad in any way or do you still enjoy this site for the most part?

This isn't the first time something like this has happened to me, but it's the first time that someone has actually deleted one of my works. I have a tendency to overreact to things, especially things that stress me out, so I nearly deleted my account after that.

My main account used to have a really positive community that felt a lot like a family, but lately a lot of negativity has trickled through.

Thankfully, I have my second account to fall back on and take a break from the negativity. It's odd that my horror account is my safe place, but it really was one of the things that kept me from deleting my account.

8. How do you juggle writing and your personal life?

Oh Lord. I don't. Anyone who reads my stories knows that I have mental breakdowns on a monthly basis.

Outside of Wattpad, I'm a full-time student with two jobs, but I'm not very good at setting limits for myself. The most helpful means of almost juggling for me has been to write only when I have inspiration. I no longer allow people to push me to update. If I'm overwhelmed with school and work and that's shutting down my ability to create, I stop checking Wattpad until I'm ready again.

9. If you could be one of the characters you have written for a day who would you choose and why?

If I could be any character from any of my stories for a whole day?? Gosh. Well, I can definitely eliminate everyone from my horror account.

I think I'd have to go with Patrick from Relocation. He's just so kind and passionate about the things he loves. Also, as someone who spent the majority of her childhood on a cattle ranch, I'd love to live that life every day. That's all I could really hope for!

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

My best moment on Wattpad so far didn't actually happen ON Wattpad, but did happen because of it. I posted a picture of my college in the snow on my Wattpad Twitter account and found out one of my readers lived two buildings away from me. She's an absolute angel and I'm so glad I got to meet her. She makes the best hot chocolate and my bunny loves her. I would've probably never met her if it wasn't for Wattpad, so I'm beyond grateful for that.

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely petewentzisdead

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr