Fromyesteryear

This is my interview with Fromyesteryear

They have 171 followers at the moment and 14 published works including Nosedive which is a Gryles and When Time Eludes You which is a Percabeth with 74k reads.

1. You have been on this site for two years according to your page. Have you been actively writing this entire time and if so do you still enjoy it as much as you did when you started?

Indeed I have been on Wattpad for two years! It's really wonderful actually, I have constantly been writing here whilst simultaneously balancing my very active social life (that last part was an exaggeration but u know).

Writing both books and music is a great escape for me, but also a way of connecting to the world around me. It's like water painting; either it comes out as clear and sharp as printed text, or it's fuzzy and hard to discern. Either way is fine by me.

2. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

I get my inspiration from a lot of things. I live in Kenya, which is in Africa, thus I get very emotional when the lives of people I care about are in question. Such as my gardener; he went to prison two days ago and my parents failed to mention that??

I also draw my inspiration from my relationship w/ my wonderful girlfriend. My sister helps me a lot as well - and my mental illness definitely affects the way I write and how often I do. I am honestly quite a mess half the time but I really do try to see past that.

3. You write about a variety of ships. Do you have a favorite one?

YES. I DON'T WANT TO BUT I DO. It's WOLFSTAR. It just sort of happened; actually I was obsessed with Gryles or no, not WAS, I still am, and it's a bit of a problem but right now it's Wolfstar. This ship is between Remus and Sirius in Harry Potter and I think I like them so much because their relationship is so familiar to me as it shares a lot of features with mgrog (Matty and George) which I still like but I've fallen away from. It's also full of magical things and I love magical things.

4. Do you have any other ships you enjoy but haven't written about yet?

YES. Okay no I lied I just started several, such as Jily (Lily and James) and NO WAIT I DIDN'T LIE I HAVEN'T POSTED THE WOLFSTAR ONE YET HAHA - so yes I want to write about more Harry Potter related characters and I'm also planning another Gryles one that I can write properly and not rush through due to other projects I have going on.

5. What is the hardest part about writing for you?

Editing and not improvising. I always, ALWAYS end up completely scrapping my planned plot and just going with the flow. Either I mess it all up or make it better but it's always a chance I'd rather not take.

6. Do you have any pet peeves concerning Wattpad or things you dislike about posting on here?

Texting fics. Good lord. If you're younger than 13 that's perfectly fine I suppose - being younger and excited about that kind of thing is fine, but if you're 16 and you decide to write those stories just to get more reads?? Idk man I don't like that. You want to call yourself an author write something worthwhile.

I mean I don't mind them so so much but goodness just like...you know those "one word chapter" stories? What the ever loving flopping seals went through your head when you decided to start that.

7. I know as an author sometimes I write a line or a paragraph that I'm especially fond of. do you have one of those?

I do yes. It's actually one you commented on once...let me find it...

"Matty reckoned he'd always come crawling back to him, whether it be from the floor to the couch or from heart to heart."

And I reckon this one too

"So as to stop the ache in her limbs she knelt by the river bank, and there in the water, her reflection stared right back at her. Despite her dishevelment, she hit herself an unfairly confident smile - faking it through and through. Her reflection looked to be frozen in time. It was as if it just didn't quite have the heart to grow, to accept the change with maturity and adapt to it, instead clinging to making a pastime out of poorly justified self-destruction."

WOW I've really been lazy for a while I should get on to writing more again.

8. If you could be one of the characters you've written for a day who would you choose and why?

I'd want to be Harry because he gets to shag Nick and I can look at myself in the mirror also I'd have a dick which is exciting since I don't have one. Or Sirius 'cause he gets to shag Remus.

9. You also write poetry. How does your writing process for poetry differ from fanfiction?

Poetry is like the short-circuit my brain suffers from, it's always random, and its results always differ from the last one.

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

When I first discovered you, my absolute biggest idol in the writing community, and saw that you had voted and commented on one of my stories! I literally speed read the chapters you hadn't read yet and edited like crazy just to make sure you'd know I tried my best. You inspired me to write that fic too so I suppose you're the person that's helped me keep going.

Reading your version of certain characters and the extensive plot is like watching a highly funded movie. It's such a visceral experience. Thank you for being there for me, even though you're halfway across the world.

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely Fromyesteryear

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr