InthenameofJoshDun

This is my interview with InthenameofJoshDun

They have 1.14k followers at the moment and 26 published works including Dear Josh which is a Joshler and Prettiest Boy In Town which is a Joshler with 74k reads.

1. Why did you decide to first make your Wattpad account?

I started Wattpad because I wanted to read some stories and fan fictions but I could not read those without having a Wattpad account.

Later on I started to write and publish my own stories on here, but I didn't make my Wattpad account with the intention to start publishing my own stories.

2. What did it feel like to hit 1k followers?

It felt great! I was so happy when I woke up to see that I hit 1k followers. I never ever expected to get this far.

3. You mostly write Joshler, so how did you first get into that ship?

I've been a twenty one pilots fan since May 2012, so I've been around for quite some time. I always thought they were very cute as friends and as a ship fantasy, but when I really started getting into the ship, there were hardly any fan fictions or artwork for them since they weren't that famous at all yet, especially in my country, the Netherlands.

I remember their ship name not being Joshler but skeleboyfriends. There were maybe ten or fifteen fanfics online that I could find, and now there are so many Joshler ones.

I got into the ship all by myself, though. None of my friends were a fan back then or really got into their music. That only happened later on, but now I have quite a few friends that love the ship too.

It is only a fantasy for me, though. I'd never hate on Jenna or their relationship because I know Joshler is not real. I just like the idea.

4. When you write do you have any certain music or playlist you listen to while doing so?

I mostly listen to my favorite artists: twenty one pilots, Vesperteen and Jeremy Loops. It depends on which fanfic sometimes, though. When I was writing my first fanfic on Wattpad, I listened to a lot of pop punk such as Sum 41, The Offspring and Blink-182, because they were all pop punk fans in the story.

When I write for a fic called 'Down South', I listen to Jeremy Loops on repeat because it's a fic happening in South Africa, and Jeremy Loops
has a big role in it because he is originally from South Africa and his music is inspired by that country.

But when I'm writing for 'Prettiest Boy in Town', I listen to Vesperteen on repeat and some female artists like Lady Gaga and Sia. When I'm writing for 'I'm Sad, Please Help Me.' I listen to EDEN a lot, because he's a super talented artist with beautiful lyrics that I also use in that fic quite a few times.

So it basically depends on the fanfic I am writing for, but if it's not something particular for a fic then it's pretty much my favorite artists on repeat, or a summer playlist in the summer, a relaxing playlist at night, or a winter playlist in the winter, etc.

5. Do you have a book of yours that you would recommend for people not sure where to start?

I'd recommend 'I Did Not See You There'. It's a story about Tyler who is blind and Josh who has never loved anyone relationship-wise, but he falls in love with the blind boy in his apartment complex and wants to do everything and anything to prove to Tyler that Tyler is lovable, even though he is blind.

It also appears to be the most favorite fic I've written according to my readers.

6. If you could be one of the characters you have written for a day who would you choose and why?

Oh this is kind of a hard question, because every character has their pros and their cons. I think I'd be Tyler from 'I Did not See You There' for one day so that I could experience what it's like to have four amplified senses - hearing, listening, tasting and touching.

Or I'd be Jeremy Loops from 'Down South' so that I could spend a day in Cape Town, South Africa, because to me it's one of the most beautiful places in the world where I'd love to visit sometime. Oh and I could play a live show with his band ;)

7. Do you have any other ships you enjoy but haven't written about yet?

Lately I came up with a ship that doesn't have an official ship name yet, as far as I know, and it's Jesse Cale and Colin Rigsby (aka Vesperteen). They are a couple in a few of my fics because they're just oh so adorable.

A few other ships I like and sometimes write about in my Joshler fics are Brallon, Frerard, and Peterick. I do write about those in my Joshler fics but I've never made a fic about them, and I don't think I ever will. I just enjoy Joshler the most and I can still write about my other ships in those :)

8. Would you like to one day work on getting a book published or do you write more for fun?

A few people told me to publish one of my books someday and just change the names. If I finished some of my stories and maybe rewrite them, who knows? Maybe one day I'll publish an actual book. But it's not my dream job.

My dream job is becoming a merch designer or a media designer for bands or music. I'm currently studying media design in college and everything is going great so far, so maybe my dream will come true someday.

9. Do you have a future goal you would like to reach on Wattpad?

My future goal on Wattpad is to finish some stories, write even more new ones and keep growing and bringing people together through my stories. I always like to incorporate my readers in some of my one-shots or stories to ask them for ideas. I'm currently writing a one-shot book called '10 Ways to Kiss' and I want to make a '10 Ways to...' series out of it with more books and more subjects and ask my readers for help and ideas.

So my future goal is to have my readers share their ideas for my one-shots and some stories and have them really be a part of my works. And of course, I hope to get as many followers as I possibly can :)

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

My best moment was the moment where I really started to get a name on Wattpad, when I heard that people talked to others about my work and recommended it to them. When people started to actively leave comments on my stories and vote for every chapter. To me that was the best moment.

I also gained two great friends through Wattpad. I'm meeting one of them in two weeks at a Vesperteen concert and I hope to meet the other one as soon as they're visiting my country or I am visiting theirs.

Thank you so much for interviewing me! I had a lot of fun answering those questions.

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely InthenameofJoshDun

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr