kobrakola 💞

This is my interview with kobrakola (now SlCHENGS)

They have 1.01k followers at the moment and 7 published works including Liar which is a Petekey and Alone Together which is a Petekey with 4k reads.

1. Why did you decide to first make your Wattpad account?

I first made my Wattpad account back in April 2015 to read and write Percy Jackson fanfiction. I continued with this until around 2016, when I began to get into music a lot more.

2. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

I mostly get my inspiration to write from music. I listen to basically anything, so there are a lot of ideas I use.

3. Is there something you wish you could change about Wattpad besides the bugs and glitches?

I wish there was an easier way for people who start out to reach a wider audience. If I hadn't made friends who were somewhat popular within the Wattpad community, I probably wouldn't be where I am today, and I'd like everyone on Wattpad to have the same opportunities as me.

4. You mostly write Petekey, so how did you first get into that ship?

Back when I was super into My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy, I absolutely despised Petekey, but I eventually read a fanfiction that featured Petekey in it and became enthralled with the concept. Even after I stopped writing it, I still find its origins to be something that inspires me today.

5. Do you have any other ships you enjoy but haven't written about yet?

Actually, yes! I'm super into the animated series "Voltron: Legendary Defender," and I write fics about it on AO3. I don't have anything on here though. A large chunk of my writing for that fandom focuses on a pairing between two of the main characters called Klance.

6. What is the hardest part about writing for you?

Sometimes, writing comes naturally for me, and I could spend hours on end writing, but since I tend to be hyperactive and unfocused, it's really hard for me to focus on writing and get each chapter through with. Most of my stories that I've written in the past have been deleted simply because I lost motivation to write it since I couldn't focus. Others were deleted because I ended up hyper-focusing on writing and wrote a completely rubbish book.

7. Do you have a favorite character you've written so far?

I really like my portrayal of Mikey Way in my discontinued fic, Rebound. I feel like he's a broody, quiet guy who only opens up to people he trusts, and even though I didn't get far enough in the book to show it like that fully, I hope anyone who reads it will see the undertones.

8. Would you like to one day work on getting a book published or do you write more for fun?

I actually don't know! On one hand, getting a book published would be an amazing opportunity, but once it's out there, it's out there forever. I think - for now, at least - I'll stick to writing for fun and see where that takes me.

9. If you could go back in time and do something differently on Wattpad what would it be?

I think I would make a lot more friends on here. There have been so many people that I was too afraid to approach, even if I knew we would have been perfect friends. I encourage anyone who wants to be friends with someone on here to do it, mainly because almost everyone I've met on here has been absolutely amazing. In fact, I met my best friend on this site, and we've been friends for three years now; I trust him with my life.

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

My best moment on Wattpad so far was just recently in December when I won the LGBT+ category of the bandfiction awards with my fic, "Liar." It felt so good to know that people voted for me because they liked my writing, and it even gave me the motivation to write even more. Although I don't write Petekey books anymore, it made me absolutely ecstatic that people enjoyed my work.

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely kobrakola

Update: kobrakola has changed their username they are now SlCHENGS

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr