RainbowGerard

This is my interview with RainbowGerard

They have 333 followers at the moment and 7 published works including Paying In Naivety which is a multiship and Kiss My Sass which is a Frerard with 11k reads.

1. You have been on this site for two years according to your page. Have you been actively writing this entire time and if so do you still enjoy it as much as you did when you started?

Yeah, I have been writing my entire time on Wattpad. I was writing before then as well but was always too nervous to publish my works. But I finally said fuck it and went for it, and I think it was the best decision I ever made.

I loved writing on here then, and I love writing on here now! I have made awesome friends on here and have gotten to interact with so many awesome people.

2. Do you like reading on this site as well or mostly writing?

I read on here as well as write, but as people who've frequented my art book would know, I constantly run out of good fanfiction to read and beg for recommendations.

3. You mostly write Frerard, so how did you first get into that ship?

Omg, I got into shipping Frerard back in 2008 I think? I've been a fan of MCR since about late 2004 so when the Frerard explosion happened (you know, projekt rev), it pretty much lit the fire that would become the obsession of writing fanfiction. Also it was too good, the stage gay was too fucking good to resist...

4. Do you have a book of yours that you would recommend for people not sure where to start?

Most people seem to love "Kiss My Sass" which has recently gotten to 10k reads. So I suppose that one, but if you are into the hardcore smut and sometimes really funny shit, I'd recommend my new Frerard 30 day smut challenge. And for those who like fluff I'd recommend my New Year's one shot "When The Clock Strikes Twelve."

5. Do you have any other ships you enjoy but haven't written about yet?

I absolutely love the uncommon ship of Grant Morrison/Gerard Way. I am pretty sure I talked to either dasher- or TheGirlWhoDiedWolf about it and how cute it would be. I think that might be a fanfic plan in the future, and maybe a possible collab fic.

6. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

I get most of my inspiration to write through music, as well as other literature.

7. Do you have a favorite character you've written so far?

My favourite character I have ever written was the character I wrote Gerard to be in "Insanity", I wrote him as a character with schizophrenia and didn't want it to be some unrealistic bullshit that romanticized mental illness. So I researched schizophrenia for months until I had sufficient information to write his character accurately.

After that I even got a licensed nurse to read it and I asked her if it was realistic to her experiences with people who have it. I like making my stories realistic when I can.

8. Do you have any pet peeves concerning Wattpad or things you dislike about posting on here?

Pet peeves I get about writing on here is people don't understand I am from a different country than what I am writing about, I live in Canada. So when I write about things regarding laws and education (specifically in Kiss My Sass) where it is based in the United States, I am writing it with my Canadian law and education experience and knowledge.

Sometimes research doesn't help because it doesn't give me the info I need, so as I don't live in the states and am unaware of things down there, I write it as if it was based in my country. I'm sure many other people understand my struggle.

9. You also post your art on here. Do you like writing or drawing more?

Um I don't know honestly. I feel my passions for both art and writing go hand in hand, I get inspired to do art from what I write and get inspired from art to write. But I plan on going to University for visual arts next year so I suppose art slightly more so, although I do plan on taking writing electives in Uni.

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

My best moment on Wattpad was probably seeing Kiss My Sass and my art book reach over 10k reads. I never thought I would get to that point and the support I've gotten is overwhelming and amazing, and I truly appreciate everyone that took the time to take a look at my hard work.

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely RainbowGerard

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr