SICKOFSOULMATES 💞

This is my interview with SICKOFSOULMATES (now 666BRATZ)

They have 751 followers at the moment and 7 published works including GONE which is a Phan with 963 reads.

1. Why did you decide to first make your Wattpad account?

Actually, I used to read fanfics (Harry Potter fanfics only, to be specific) on another site, that wasn't even in English.

An author I liked announced they weren't going to write Harry Potter fics anymore and that they were moving to a different platform. I followed the link they left on their profile, and it led me to the wonderful land of Wattpad. I created an account which I later gave to my friend and is now my backup account.

What led me to opening my current account was I started reading Phanfics, I'd known about Dan and Phil for a while but found the trailer for a fic called Human (Phan) and decided to go back on here, and well, the rest is history.

2. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

Well, I think inspiration is everywhere. Music for example, I really like using quotes from songs and making songs my book titles.

The aesthetics of films, trips, and walks outside and what I see, even conversations I have with people can be the inspiration for my next fic.

For the first fanfic I wrote on here I actually got inspiration from something a good friend of mine said. We were joking around, and I asked "what's wrong with us?" He replied with "everything is baby, everything is" and my mind just started working.

I like to walk around my neighbourhood with my dog, listen to music, and just imagine different dialogues and scenarios. I write in class a lot, just little things and bits of conversations I think of.

I take inspiration from my own feelings and experiences too, take my fears for example and applying them to a character in totally different situations and under completely different circumstances. Reading other people's work can also inspire me.

3. You mostly write Phan, so how did you first get into that ship?

Ah, Phan. Well, I was in a group chat with around twenty people I didn't know and I had just finished a fully published Harry Potter fanfic with 23 chapters and I was very proud, so when we started talking about fanfiction, I was very happy to tell them about my fic.

Later on, one of the girls in the group chat asked me in a private chat for the link to my fic. We instantly became friends, and quickly enough she introduced me to Dan and Phil.

The first Phanfic I ever wrote was also not in English, and it was a collab with her. It was a cliché pastel!dan and punk!phil fanfic, and it was quite bad, if I may add, but it made me fall in love with the ship and quickly enough I was on here reading, writing, and publishing in English.

4. Do you have any other ships you enjoy but haven't written about yet?

Oh yeah, I have plenty of ships. (I actually counted a while ago and got to around 78 ships but since then I have entered more fandoms and started shipping more ships so hell knows how many I have now).

My first ever ship was Drarry, and I've actually never written about it, but it was my first gay ship and it will forever have a place in my heart.

I stan Joshler, and I actually write a lot of it but I have never published a Joshler book, though I do have one on the way.

Another two ships I really like are Frerard and Ryden, but I don't really write them, though I do read them a lot. I used to have a Halsanie book up, but I took it down for several reasons.

I also ship pairs from several tv shows such as Shadowhunters and Riverdale, and of course RuPaul's Drag Race since I am gay trash.

5. Is there something you wish you could change about Wattpad besides the bugs and glitches?

Not really, maybe for the messages to be a little more comfortable? Or more options to play and customise the text when you write, that could be fun. But really, except for the glitches, Wattpad is great.

Oh, yeah, there's a limit of people you can follow. I hate that. Apart from that, nothing really.

6. You also write poetry. How does your writing process for poetry differ from fanfiction?

Well, poetry is a lot more personal than my writing. In poetry, the only mask I have is rhymes and metaphors. Poetry is a lot of things, one of them I think is being fragile.

When I write stories, I want the sentences to be clear and make sense, I want to have adjectives, I want the reader to feel like they see what's happening.

With poetry, I want my words to carve into the reader's brain. Sometimes I look for it to be soft, like a blanket made of words, and sometimes I look for it to leave paper cuts, I want the reader to feel the pain and weight coming with each letter.

It's just so much emotion being put into it, every word is loaded with unexpressed feelings and thoughts that give poetry its kind of shell I guess. Fanfics are a lot less complex.

7. What story are you most proud of that is currently published?

To be honest, it would be my poetry book, with 4k views which is amazing. Story wise, I only really have one and I'm not that fond of it, but I don't view it as bad so it's still up. I used to have a couple of pride-worthy stories up, but I deleted them for several reasons.

I am definitely proud of a couple of my current unpublished works, some of which will be published soon though.

8. Would you like to one day work on getting a book published or do you write more for fun?

Being an author is definitely a dream of mine, I would love to one day publish a book. I tried writing an original fantasy book before, but I think that I'll stick to my fanfics for now.

In the future though, I'll definitely consider writing and publishing a serious book.

9. You also post your art on here. Do you like writing or drawing more?

Well, drawing and writing are two very separate things for me. I would say I like writing more, because I feel I am better at it than drawing, but I definitely think drawing is one of my favourite hobbies.

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

Definitely meeting my greatest friends. Being on Wattpad got me my three closest friends, Al, Everleigh, and Ira, and so much support and love. I also met my boyfriend (foreverhome-) on here, and I am grateful for this app and the loving community it created.

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely SICKOFSOULMATES

Update: SICKOFSOULMATES has changed their username they are now 666BRATZ

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr