-geniussuga ❌

This is my interview with -geniussuga

They have 239 followers at the moment and 10 published works including Bandages and Plasters and Secret Reader which has 4k reads.

1. Why did you decide to first make your Wattpad account?

I had a Wattpad account before the one that I currently have and I only had it to read anime fanfiction but then I lost interest in anime (I still like it though) and I was already a big fan of K-pop so from time to time I read K-pop fanfictions and books etc. I really wanted to write fanfiction as well so I decided to make a new account which is the one that I have right now :)

2. What story are you most proud of that is currently published?

I'm not proud of any of my stories because I didn't write them in order to feel proud I just wanted to have fun but if I had to choose it would be "Into the Woods" because I wrote really long chapters (1000+ words) and the readers seem to enjoy it.

3. Would you like to one day work on getting a book published or do you write more for fun?

I write more for fun. If I could get one of my books published I would be happy but I enjoy writing for fun more than working on something that would be published because it would take a lot of hard work.

Sure hard work for something you want to do is great but I like writing and no checking. I tend to write whatever I think and just publish it. Sometimes my stories seem rushed because of it but in all honesty I write for myself so I don't mind how it turns out to be.

I publish my stories on Wattpad because some people may enjoy them so for the majority of the time my writing is purely just for fun.

4. I know as an author sometimes I write a line or a paragraph that I'm especially fond of. Do you have one of those?

I definitely have one of those it was a line from my book Secret Reader:

"No...by that I meant how did I fall so damn hard for you that I was willing to run two miles just to see if you were ok?" he asked in a joking voice.

"I don't know. I mean you didn't have to run." I said arrogantly.

I don't know why I like this line it just seems really cute to me :)

5. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

I usually get my inspiration to write from my surroundings and from K-pop. I tend to usually see things around me or at school and I get ideas but then I don't get to write them because I have too many ideas in the first place.

6. If you could be one of the characters you have written for a day who would you choose and why?

I would choose to be Jisoo from Into the Woods. She's a women in her 60s and I based her of myself.

She's meant to be the sarcastic doctor who helps out the mafia (yes my story sounds very complicated) but she's like me and I relate to her because my friends either call me "Unnie" or "Halmoni". Unnie means older female (used mostly by sisters) and Halmoni means grandmother so it's clear that I'm more mature for my age that's why I'd choose Jisoo.

7. How do you juggle writing and your personal life?

I'm grounded so it's really hard and the holidays are coming up where I live and I'll be gone for the majority of the time but when my parents leave for work I sneak onto my laptop and update etc. I usually only have an hour and thirty minutes though because then I would risk getting caught but I think I manage very well.

8. Has your experience with Wattpad helped you grow or change at all as a person?

Honestly I'll answer this question how I did when I was talking to my best friend about Wattpad and if I changed but I'm the same in real life.

I'm very sarcastic and well let's just use the word umm...straightforward. So when I am in public I act the same way but I think that I do present myself differently on Wattpad. I think I tend to present myself to be more friendly on Wattpad than I really am in real life.

9. Any advice for someone new to Wattpad who is considering starting their own book?

I'm not the best with giving advice but I would tell them: "frankly speaking don't care about others."

They should publish what they want and not listen to others if anyone writes any hate etc. delete the comment. Simple. Just ignore people like that.

In terms of writing the story just go with the flow and I'm sure that everything will be great :)

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

I don't have a best moment but I really enjoy it when I meet someone that I let's say "click" with and we become good friends. It makes me happy that I can meet someone similar to me in the Wattpad community.

I also think that when I got 100 followers in 2 months of being on Wattpad then 200 when I was on Wattpad for 4 months although followers aren't what I'm here for. I was really happy knowing that people even saw my account and my stories let alone 200 (although some of them probably didn't read my stories it was still something that made me happy).

I have a collab account BANGTANTUBE and I wanted to make new writers more comfortable with their works so I made a book with my friend Sonia about it. It's called "Project Anonymous Confidant". Its aim is to allow people a place to talk to someone who would understand what it's like to be new and how hard it is to write new work etc.

I wanted to do something like that so I decided to do it with Sonia (Agust_Dont) as both of us were generally new to Wattpad and we knew each other in real life it was easy.

What made me most happy was when Sonia told me that when I showed her Wattpad that she became happier and that Wattpad allowed her to write what she wanted. I don't know why but it made me really happy. I wouldn't stop smiling like an idiot on the inside but I just nodded my head in real life. I was happy that it did something for her.

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely -geniussuga

Update: -geniussuga has deleted their account.

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr