ThaFantasticFoursome

This is my interview with ThaFantasticFoursome

They have 9.89k followers at the moment and 32 published works including Dimensions which is a Vkook and Artificial Submission which has 443k reads.

1. Why did you decide to first make your Wattpad account?

I had another account before this one. But all my friends knew about it and followed me on there. I also didn't write in English on that account and only had Dutch followers.

One of my friends started reading books that were in my reading lists and were creeped out by all the smut in it so I decided on making another account that no one knew of so I could read in peace without being embarrassed. Later on I decided to write books on this account too (first Dan x Phil and MCR fanfictions and later on BTS). And I never went back to write on my other account.

2. Do you have a book of yours that you would recommend for people not sure where to start?

It depends on what people are into since I have written numerous fanfictions about different fandoms. I would recommend 'Artificial Submission' if people are into Vkook. I'm not that fond of my MCR fanfictions so I don't recommend reading them.

3. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

I get a lot of inspiration from songs. That's why some of my fanfictions are named after songs I listen to. Songs often describe a story very vaguely and without any context. I try to put those songs into a context and make a whole story based around it. I also get inspiration from reading other books or watching tv or playing video games.

4. What did it feel like to hit 9k followers?

A bit unrealistic. I never even imagined I would hit that amount of followers. And it was also never my intention either. I was surprised when I hit a 100 followers since I had never thought people would follow me just because I was writing some Frerard one shots.

I was more focused on the reads of my book back then and not on my followers but that view is now totally changed. I almost never look at my reads now but I check my followers everyday because it makes me feel giddy just to think that so many people read and liked my books enough to follow the person writing them.

5. Do you have a favorite character you've written so far?

I would say I love the way I portrayed Jungkook in The Dark Inside Of me. Same with him in Atama where he is a dumb but kind gardener. But my favorite Taehyung & Jungkook are probably the ones from Dark Waters just because I love sassy mermaid Tae and whipped werewolf Jungkook

6. If you could go back in time and do something differently on Wattpad what would it be?

Don't start books just to never finish them. I have too much inspiration leading to me starting ten books at a time and almost never finishing them or finishing them but losing the plot since I have too many stories going at once I forget what they are about. That's why I unpublished around 10 of them and readers are just begging me to publish them again.

To me it brings a lot of pressure when I have around 15 ongoing books just staring at me to update them. That's why I unpublished the ones I don't have inspiration for (but I'm planning to publish them again ofc). I don't want to update 15 books just to please the readers while I'm feeling like the stories aren't reaching their full potential. I don't want to continue writing books I'm not proud of.

7. Do you have any plans for new stories in the future?

I have many book ideas, but sadly I haven't written any of them yet since I have many unpublished & ongoing books at the moment. I'm thinking of maybe turning some of my ideas into short stories so I'll spend less time creating them into a full on book.

8. How do you juggle writing and your personal life?

The answer is: I don't. Writing takes up a lot of time. And that time is something I mostly don't have. So most of the time I drop something else just so I can write. This is always study time or sleep time.

When I was in highschool I never realized it but I had so much free time. I remember having updates of 3 books every day. Now I can barely update one chapter a week. It's sad but true. I feel like I'm failing as an author but at the same time I don't want to be failing at college.

9. Would you like to one day work on getting a book published or do you write more for fun?

I have been slowly working on a non fanfiction for a few years. I hope to eventually be able to publish it. I see writing on Wattpad more as fun since I can write whatever I want on here. Hybrid, werewolf, vampire, ghost, mafia stories are not something that I would want to publish irl. But on Wattpad it's fun to write these kind of stories.

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

Hmm that's a difficult one. Probably the moments when readers are inspired by my stories. Like people making fanart, fan videos, fanfictions inspired by me.

On Wattpad you never see the people reading your stories so sometimes I don't seem to realize that actual people around the world read my stories and like them??? So when they do something with my stories like creating fanart I'm like ??? woah an actual person took their time to draw this ??? I'm so touched - wow. Those are probably the best moments.

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely ThaFantasticFoursome

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr