Miah_the_Psychic

This is my interview with Miah_the_Psychic

They have 122 followers at the moment and 2 published works including Frerard One-Shots and Poison and Ghoul which is a Frerard with 8k reads.

1. Why did you decide to first make your Wattpad account?

I made a Wattpad account because I didn't see much content related to the things I was interested in - specifically bands - and I knew that fanfiction had that content, so it was really just as a way for me to spend more time interacting with things that I already liked.

2. You mostly write Frerard, so how did you first get into that ship?

I got into Frerard because My Chem is my favorite band, and in my search for more MCR content, that's really what you see the most of. It's weird because I know they're real people, and honestly, shipping real people is a moral grey area for me, but I like to think of it as a sort of "yes, these characters share the same name and appearance as their real life counterparts, but the characters I'm reading about have whole fictional stories surrounding them, so it's not the same."

3. Do you have any other ships you enjoy but haven't written about yet?

I'm also a big fan of the Phan ship, even though it's the same odd grey area of shipping real people. I started writing a Phanfic years ago, but when I got back onto Wattpad recently, I unpublished it because the writing was rubbish. Maybe I'll go in and edit it to reupload another time.

4. When you write do you have any certain music or playlist you listen to while doing so?

I actually cannot concentrate on writing when I'm hearing words, so I only write to instrumental music. Anything else distracts me too much.

5. Do you have any pet peeves concerning Wattpad or things you dislike about posting on here?

I wish there was a way for me to edit a chapter without it notifying people who have my story notifications on. I usually write during the nighttime, and then I'll reread it the next day and notice mistakes, so I want to go in and fix it, but I don't want everybody to be bothered by another notification. Of course maybe that is a thing and I'm just not very good at navigating the settings haha.

6. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

Honestly the whole reason I started writing was just because I wanted to read Danger Days based fics, and I couldn't find many that I liked, so I decided to create my own. Getting motivation to write can be hard sometimes, but I also just enjoy being immersed in the world that I'm writing about, so that makes me want to keep writing about it.

7. Do you enjoy writing oneshots or full length fics more?

I like both, but I prefer full length fics. I enjoy things like character development and over arching plotlines, which you can't really do as much of in one-shots.

8. If you could go back in time and do something differently on Wattpad what would it be?

Honestly I just wish my past writing hadn't sucked so much haha. I'm currently going through and editing a story that I wrote five or six years ago because I like the storyline and the characters, but I don't like the way I wrote.

9. Any advice for someone new to Wattpad who is considering starting their own book?

I don't even follow my own advice on this one, but it's always good to outline your story in advance. Not knowing where to go with a story can either lead you to rushing through making things up, which can impact the quality of your writing, or to never finish it/take forever to upload. Going in with a clear plotline planned out helps a lot.

Also give time to have filler chapters and such. It's a good way to develop your characters and flesh out your story without the whole thing feeling rushed from one plot point to another- in real life, random filler things happen all the time that are unrelated to the main events of your life, so writing moments like those makes stories feel more realistic.

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

I'm not a big author with any popular stories or anything, so it's always really exciting to me when people comment on my stories or post to my wall. Just things like that happening are probably my best moments.

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely Miah_the_Psychic

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr