05|Some People Just Want to Watch the World Burn Part 2

Some People Just Want to Watch the World Burn Part 2

Root Cellar

Faith's POV

Once Ric came in and told us that Landon was telling the truth about fire breath witch I wish I could wipe the smug ass look of Rafael's face because let me tell you that boy has never looked so smug like in the 2 days he's been here I've never seen him this cocky granted it's only been 2 days but still.

I look over and see Landon lean against the wall breathing a sigh of relief knowing he was right about something but I still think there is something off like he's not telling the full truth more so he is hiding something.

"Did I or did I not say don't engage" Ric demands "he's only dangerous if crappy apologies can kill" Hope spits back "well looks can be deceiving" Ric replied "Plus Ric as much as I don't like to say if the boy isn't a harm or threat to any of us at the moment" I say and at this point Ric knows it's true because we'll I'm me and I dislike him.

"Now out bus refugee turns out she's a pyromancer" Ric explains and due to being Hopes best friend I made sure to brush up on all this history so I can be aware of what the weaknesses are "wait what's a pyromancer" Landon asked "a fire breathing witch" Hope and I say while everyone looks at me in shock including Hope.

"I'm sorry have you seen who my best friend is I brush up on my history every now and then" I sass back and then I see Rafael face get even more smug so I turn to him "boy I'm about to knock that smug look of your face cut it out" I say and he stops what can I say I'm scary when I want to be "Ric she wants the knife" Hope says coming to realisation into what the witch wants.

"Okay well where is it" Ric enquires and we all look towards Landon at this point seeing what he'll come up with "I-I-I lost it in the woods I was running around in circles all night trying to find a place to hide" he says and I still thinks he's hiding something but I'll hold off it for now.

"ok ok well let's uh find it before she does huh" Ric says "oh yay a scavenger hunt whoopee" I say while we all start to walk out we proceed outside with caution only to walk out and see the lady in front of us "we don't want any trouble" Ric tries to explain but I honestly don't think she can understand us.

She then puts her hand out and then moves her head towards Landon after putting two and two together I realise we've been lied to and Landon still had the knife "what does she want" Rafael asked still confused not realising his best friend just lied to him "I don't know" Landon says playing innocent and the lady sticks her on hand out again wanting the knife "Lan" Rafael says with a hint of hurt in his tone.

"Maybe she wants the knife you said you don't have" Hope say then looking at him "I can tell you for a fact she wants the knife and I'm pretty sure Landon know where it is don't you" I replied looking at him to now I then look back towards the lady to see her eyes glowing orange start to push everyone even Landon inside "back in the cellar everyone go go go go go" Ric says I make sure Ric is in before me and shit the door just before the fire hits me.