18| When The Saints Go Marching In Part 2

When The Saints Go Marching In Part 2

Faith POV

The Abattoir

After everything, Klaus had managed to get away again and was spending his last moments elsewhere and I could tell that nothing more had hurt Hope so much.

"He left instead of spending his last hours with me" Hope stated to us as I sat next to her holding her hand and Elijah stood in the doorway trying to make it better for her.

"He's hurt and he's scared" Elijah said trying to make Hope understand "that's no excuse" Hope bit back "not making excuses, if anything, he cares too much" Elijah added on making me sigh because I know it true.

I've never seen someone go to such lengths for there daughter to make sure she stays alive and I respect Klaus so much for that.

"Hope, you're his everything and without you, he wouldn't be making this sacrifice" Elijah told him and I sighed.

"Hope, Elijah's right remember the books we read about him you being alive changed him, you changed him Hope for the better, you made him a better man" I told her smiling causing her to the same.

"Do you understand you've accomplished in years what I couldn't in a thousand? this isn't abandonment, he's afraid" Elijah told him and just as he did we all heard footsteps and turned around to see Klaus.

"I'd like a moment alone with my daughter, please" Klaus said making me smile at his appearance "of course" Elijah and I said walking at and Elijah turns towards me.

"I think it's time that you learn about the Klaus we all knew" he told me and I chuckle "now this I have to hear" I tell him as he leads the way.

The Courtyard

Freya and Keelin had joined us on the way down as we saw Marcel and Rebekah cuddling and Elijah and Freya cleared there throats to make us known.

"Um, Keelin just got back, just wanted to say" Freya said as Keelin popped around "hi" she said waving "hi" Rebekah and Marcel replied together and then the party started.

"You know, he always had a prescient eye, he was extolling the virtues of Vincent van Gogh when the world decided he was a madman with a severed ear" Elijah told us causing us to laugh.

"Wait, do you remember that April Fool's in Copenhagen where he compelled a circus troupe to follow you around?" Rebekah said making me laugh even harder.

"Also known as the most challenging hours of my long life" Elijah replied and at that point I was dying of laughter.

"No, no, no, no, no, the worst was when he would get drunk, and get it in his head that he was gonna set the world ablaze with his paintings and then he would actually set them on fire." Marcel said and I couldn't even believe it.