06| Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea Part 2

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea Part 2

Faith's POV

The Old Mill

Hope and I led Freya down to the old mill thinking this was a good place to start since it was pretty secluded "pretty in a creepy, "don't get caught alone here at night" kind of way" Freya said and she wasn't wrong it did give off that vibe.

"The Saltzman twins found it, like, two years ago" I informed Freya "pretty sure it's their evil "Mean Girl" lair" Hope said and I sighed in a disappointment.

"Or they share their father's love for the bottle all right you want to find your mom, let's get started with how she was taken in the first place" Freya said and while I let the comment slide I focused on the matter at hand.

"I already told you, I don't know someone followed me" Hope said trying to figure out what went wrong "or there was a problem with your cloaking spell maybe you missed a step... left a loophole open" Freya questioned.

"No, of course, I didn't" Hope denies "fine you were followed then we retrace every step you took a deconstructing spell will magnify that the cup of blood in each bowl will give us that" Freya said and I saw that it was gonna be a lot of blood.

"I know how it works, aunt Freya" Hope said before cutting her hand but it almost healed instantly "don't stop" Freya coaxed "dammit" Hope whispered "it wasn't enough" Freya stated the obvious.

"It's healing faster than I'm bleeding maybe you shouldn't have picked a spell that involved me bleeding out which you knew couldn't happen you don't want to do this spell" Hope said finally figuring out Freya's plan.

"Not particularly, no" Freya admitted "why?" Hope and I said and while I was confused Hope was slightly angry.

"Because it isn't going to work if there was even a chance of it working, don't you think one of the hundred powerful New Orleans witches would have thought of it by now?" Freya admits the reality of it all.

"Then why are we wasting time? there's something you're not telling me" Hope say and I look over to Freya confused what could it possibly be "Vincent and Ivy think they've learned something, about you" Freya says and I was worried knowing this couldn't be good.

Later On

Freya had just revealed that Hope was predicted to be the downfall of something but no one knew what "so I'm, like, cursed? predicted to be the downfall of what, my family? New Orleans? the world?" Hope says trying understand.

"I... I have no idea but you deserve to know what's going on and we both need to prepare for the possibility that... things might not work out the way we want them to" Freya tells us and my thoughts go to Hayley but then back to Hope.

"You mean for my mom to die?" Hope said making me sad at the thought of Hayley dying "for what happens inside of you any time tragedy strikes, for when your emotions are tested in ways you couldn't even imagine" Freya tells Hope.

"How can anyone prepare for that?" Hope and I asked "you aren't just anyone, Hope you're a firstborn Mikaelson witch with... a terrifying amount of power, even without the darkness that your family is keeping you away from" Freya tells Hope reminding her of who she is.

"So, what? I'm so sensitive, everyone's afraid I'm just gonna flip out?" Hope questions Freya "well, when people like you and me flip out, entire villages can burn look... I know what it's like to have your family thrust you into a situation where the world is on your shoulders and... you're not at all sure if you have the strength to carry it" Freya tells her trying to calm Hope down.

"And how's that working for you?" Hope asked "not well it's why I'm not with the woman I love" Freya says and I sigh in sadness knowing the feeling because even when I'm with Hope it isn't it that way.

"So then why don't you just... go back and deal with that and leave me and Faith to go try and find my mother" Hope says finally hitting the tipping point "Hope, stop" Freya says try to calm her down "Hope" I said in a warning tone.

"Why? so you can keep stalling me?" Hope asked Freya getting madder "you can't shut down, or it'll eat you up inside" Freya says and I can see Hope getting madder "leave me alone" Hope warns again "Hope..." Freya and I say softly.

"I said leave me alone!" Hope yells and the moment she does flames erupt and I saw Freya was gonna get hit so I jumped in and moved her out of the way "ahh" I screamed in pain as the flames hit my skin but I got up and placed my hand on Hope's hand.

"Hope! Stop it! Faith's hurt" Freya said at the same time and in an instant, the flames disappeared "Faith" Hope whispered before kneeling down to me as I grunt in pain "are you ready to talk now?" Freya asked Hope and I looked Hope in the eyes "please Hope, I just want you to be safe" I tell her.

Hallway

After checking up with the nurse I bumped into Freya and we went to find Hope cause she needed to cool off for a bit and I managed to see her and Roman standing near each other and I felt a whole lot of sadness and I also felt Freya's hand on my shoulder giving it a gentle squeeze.

Freya cleared her throat gaining Hope and Roman's attention "that's my cue" Roman says before walking off "a private audience with the boy who sweats diamonds, nice" Freya says as Hope walks closer to us.

"I'm sorry... for exploding like that" Hope tells Freya "no, you shouldn't be, look, you didn't ask for any of this you didn't start it" Freya tells Hope "but I'm the end of it, right? one way or another? so what do we do now?" Hope says and we all looked at each other not really knowing what to do.

Hope and Faith's Room

Hope and I were just lying in bed next to each other and Hope was right by side with her hand lightly pressed against the bandage around my arm "I'm so sorry Faith" she tells me is such a dejected tone and I sighed.

"Hope it's ok it was either me or your aunt and I knew I would heal way faster so I wasn't gonna risk it" I tell her and she holds on tight "doing stupid things to protect you and those close is what I do" I add with a small smile.

"Don't make a habit of it" she tells me and I laugh "no promises" I tell her and she laughs as well and I bring her closer to me "we'll figure it out Hope, I promise" I tell her and she holds me close.

"I'm not going anywhere" I whispered in her ear before sleep envelopes both of us determined to keep as many people alive as possible.

We're gonna find you Hayley.. I promise

Author's Note

So here we go episode 4 is done obvious episode 3 is skipped beecause it's all about Elijah but we are coming close to Hayley death and honestly I'm not ready.

What did you guys think though was it good? did you enjoy it???

I really hope you are enjoying the Originals season 5 and hopefully, I'll figure out a way to get legacies season 2 started!!!!