Stupefied

I heard Aurors coming, I knew at once under Umbridge's reign, they were going after Hagrid. I had to protect him. Hes had such a hard life, and didn't deserve the Ministry after him.

So, I ran out, bought the gentle giant some time. I blocked the spells, I cursed the Aurors, but I went down. In my last defense, I cast my cat patronus to find Harry.

My patronus has always comforted him whenever he was scared. While everything went black, I only hoped I would make it through.

*

Harrys POV

"I need to see Professor McGonagall!" Harry yelled storming into the hospital wing, his two friends by his side.

"Shes not here, Mr. Potter."

At those words, Harrys world turned upside down. Dread filled the teenager. "Where?..."

"Taken to St. Mungos immediately. Took four stunners to the chest, at her age? Shes lucky they didnt kill her." Poppy tsked.

Harrys breathing came out in gasps, and he willed himself not to cry in pain. Not only was Minerva always there for him, she became his mother.

The stern teacher and Deputy took the teenager away from the Muggles at 11. When Harry left for Hogwarts, he never returned to Privet Drive.

To keep things simple, Minerva kept Harrys surname and treated him like any student in public. Only Pamona Sprout, Snape and Dumbledore knew the true nature of their  relationship. Its the best and only secret kept in the school.

Harry was very tempted to start wailing at the thought of his mother dead. By some miracle, he allowed Hermione and Ron to drag him away.

He had other things to deal with, the call from Voldemort was so strong. Harry tried to hold fast to his mothers words during his Occulamency lesson. Voldemort wanted to lure him into a trap.

"Harry, are you ok?" Hermione asked when they arrived in the common room.

Harry didnt answer. He was inside his mind allowing himself to feel the depth of Minervas love for him. He knew about 3 weeks ago, that is what kept the evil man out of his head.

"Harry?!" Hermione yelled, alarmed to see Harrys eyes became glassy.

With a big breath, Harry locked the "love shield" in place. He shook his head and was happy the unknown anger was gone.

Before Harry turned to his friends, something silver came to him. He brightened when the silver light stretched into his mothers cat.

"Thanks Tabby." Harry mumbled.

*

"You heard me, Ive been concious for 72 hours straight, now why cant I go home?" Minerva complained.

The Healer sighed, "Professor, we need to be certian that there is no lasting damage."

"Zip it Smith!" Minerva glared at him, making the Healer shrink slightly. She grabbed her wand and cast Tabby again. When she spoke, it was uncharacteristically gentle, "Honey, I will be home soon. I promise, be good for Severus and try to get along you two!" Minerva snapped slightly before sending off the message.