MEA infiltration (The Genesis Kashiwa Codex) (6)

The Pillars slowly over to the book. Its pages are almost torn, with a few marks, signifying that they were once wet. The book was floating, with a glamorous, heavenly light covering it.

Hakai slowly lifted the glass covering the book and slowly reached for the books. As she touched the book, the light slowly disappeared from it.

"And, mission success."Hakai Said, in a delighted voice. She then proceeded to sing a song that echoed all throughout MEA, other dimensions even. This was a signal to the other pillars that the mission was complete.

Then, as she continues singing, her high pitched voice shattered all the glass in her vicinity. This also interrupted all the hearing of those near her.

The pillars hearing this, all destroyed their paper jutsus simultaneously and they all teleported back to their cathedral at the same time.

"We should go too," Achilles said before opening up a portal, leaving the MEA shattered, will hundreds, if not, thousand's of bodies lying of the floor, bloodied.

Ryuu and the others were confused. Their opponent just disappeared along with the dimensions their in. This goes for Sen too.

Afterward, they meet at the location. None were severely injured, just extremely exhausted.They look at the glass in dismay, as the book wasn't there. The hopes of defeating them are slowly slipping away from their fingers. First, the MEA's headquarters were raided and at least a hundred died, which significantly lowers their manpower. And now, the Genesis Kashiwa Codex got stolen. This will put a major increase in their power as the book contains the incredible Jutsu of Revival.

"There's nothing we can do now about the book. Search the area for survivors." Sen said,The ninja-seeking club dispersed all throughout the MEA headquarters. There are still a few survivors such as Beretta, Yuna, and many more. They, along with several village chiefs, began their search for more wounded and this took hours, leaving them all exhausted at the end of the day. Once they're done,

Meanwhile at the Kakurasu base,

"Say, why didn't we kill them back there?" Yasu asked Shiouru as they walked the corridors of the cathedral.

"We need their negative emotions. The build-up of their negative energy. That will help with the revival of Raiden Kuragari. "

" Oooh, really? How? "

" By using the Genesis Kashiwa Codex. It contains the revival Jutsu which Hakai will use in the Future. "...Realizing what had happened, the ninja-seeking club went to the location of the codex, but unfortunately for them, it was already taken.

Sen was furious, as he clenched his fist so hard, it began bleeding.Trying to regain his composure, he said,

" Good job. Unfortunately, luck was in the enemy's favor. For now, look for survivors! This is an order! "The Ninja-seeking club dispersed and went to go ahead, looking for survivors. After a long hour of looking for survivors, they finally had the time to rest.

Unable to resist their sleepiness, they all went to sleep, except for Ryuu and Kaede.

They both stared at the night sky on the MEA balcony.

"Hey, do you what happened there?" Kaede spoke up, asking about the god-ascended mode earlier.

"Hmm? About the God-ascended mode earlier?" Ryuu responded.

"Yeah."

"Personally, I don't. Although, it felt like I was in the zone. Everything was moving slowly, and my body was lighter."

"Same here. I don't know what happened, or how did we get into that."

"Yeah,"

" Still, things took a turn for the worst huh," Kaede said in a melancholic tone.

"Unfortunately, yes. But don't let it get to you. We will get them next time." Ryuu responded,

 trying to comfort Kaede.

"B-But how? You saw them earlier. We were no match. Akari already used her Izumo powers, and still lost."

"I know. It's bad, but you have to believe."

"Believe at what? That a miracle will miraculously drop from the heavens?" Kaede's tone increased slightly.

She sighed, and with a frown, she said,

"Maybe we shouldn't have involved the ninja-seeking club after all. You know, like we could have done this on our own. "

"Kaede,"

Ryuu held her hand tightly before saying,

"They were gonna strike sooner or later. Remember? Do you think, they would have prepared themselves if we didn't tell them? Do you think, they could have lived this far?"

Kaede was silent, with droplets of tears coming out from her eyes.

"W-Well, I don't want any more deaths. I'm done."

She said, in between sobbing.

It's true. So many deaths, so many innocent lives lost, because of this ongoing war.

Still, Ryuu remained his calm composure, holding her hand tighter than ever.

"Happen, whatever may happen, Kaede."

"H-Huh?"

Suddenly, Ryuu hugged Kaede, tightly and whispered to her,

"If it's what's destined to happen, then let it happen. Just that, I won't leave you, nor would the ninja-seeking club do. We are together in this fight, we can do this. "

" Ryuu... "

They hugged each other, closing their eyes and letting their heartbeat resonate.

"Hey, I have something to tell you." Kaede softly whispered in Ryuu's ear.

"Hmm? What is it?"

"Would you believe me, if I say that... Uhmm, t-that.."

"Yes, Kaede?"

Kaede is slowly turning red, steam coming out of her ears.

"I-If I say right here, right now, that I-I-I, love you?"

This came as a surprise to Ryuu. He was speechless and this caused his heartbeat to pound faster. Softly blushing, he replied,

" Then, would you believe me If I say, I feel the same? "

Breaking from the hug, Ryuu held her waist while she held him by his cheeks.

" I'll believe you," Kaede said in a blushing, cute manner.

They stared at each other's sparkling eyes, before sharing a deep kiss.

They didn't care about what was happening at that moment, the important thing is, their fine, the ninja club is fine, and they were alive.

Their hearts are pounding like a hammer hammering a nail, so loud. They continued on, hugging each other ever so tightly, their rosey scent filling each other's noses.

They slowly break from the kiss and looked at each other.

"After this war, I'll properly confess my love," Ryuu said with a chuckle,

Although, Kaede shook her head.

"Hmm, no need. This is enough. Knowing that you feel the same way about me is enough." She said, as both of them smiled and they once again shared a deep kiss.

Just then, Enju was passing by and through the crack of the open door, she saw two figures, sharing a deep love, being illuminated by the moonlight shining through the balcony.Seeing this silhouette of two people, she was reminded of a person whom she dears the most.