Vacation (The Thorns Along the Treasure) (6)

This time for sure, maybe perhaps he can beat Yasu.

But of course, beating a pillar isn't always that easy. 

Kazuki was still in mid-air and has a blade that was about to decapitate Yasu. But, he instantly healed all of his wounds in a mere millisecond.

And with his newly regenerated body, it was now lighter than ever. 

Yasu: What fools, you really did get your hopes up that you can beat me.

Before Kazuki's blade could reach his neck, Yasu snaps his fingers, and as he does, a strong Invisible shockwave sent him flying away, landing on a nearby fragile wall of rocks, breaking it and revealing a much wider clearing.

Hotaru: Kazuki!

Yasu: Hey, I must say. You kids really did improve by a large margin. 

Yasu says as he cracks his neck. Hotaru and Yamabuki face Yasu with frowned faces. Kazuki was sent flying. Do they prioritize Kazuki? Or Yasu?

Hotaru: Yamabuki! Check up on Kazuki! I'll take care of this!

Yamabuki: E-Eh?!

Hotaru: Just go!

Yamabuki: O-Okay!

Although Yamabuki was hesitant to leave Hotaru alone, he can't leave Kazuki alone also. 

Yasu: How wonderful, this friendship is! Willing to sacrifice yourself, to take care of the other. 

Yasu looks at Hotaru with his demon eyes.

There, he can see that Hotaru has grown tremendously. She has a bright yellow aura, similar to what Anohara emits. 

"So, this is Anohara." He mumbles to himself.

Yasu: I'm really envious. I want to have a deity on my side.

Hotaru: Deity? You don't deserve one!

Hotaru summoned 12 mirrors all around her, and in her signal, those mirrors simultaneously shoot out a laser beam at Yasu.

He remembers the time when he encountered a similar ninja, who possess a tremendous amount of spiritual energy. 

And this ninja is nothing different from Hotaru. Perhaps her mother?

Yasu: Either way, this is also fine.

A smile soon formed on his pale lips. Then, using one of his orbs, he formed a spear, similar to what Elly Fuma used, but his spear has a dark aura surrounding it.

As each laser strike closed up on him, he swiftly and neatly swung his spear, flipping it and rotating it all around his body as he slashed each of the lasers precisely. 

All of the lasers that come in contact with his spear soon disappear after contact.

Hotaru: What kind of power is that?!

Yasu: A power you can't defeat!

Yasu closed the distance between them and held his spear on the top of his head, ready to slash.

Yasu: You should die, Kokonohi!

Hotaru: Gah!

Hotaru jumped to the side as Yasu smashes his spear on the ground, creating a gust of smoke around and a small crater. 

She immediately stood up and gets into position, but, as she looks around for Yasu, he wasn't anywhere to be found. Even his presence can't be felt. 

Yasu: Be more attentive to your surroundings!!!