Bloody Moonlight (Prologue)

Kazuki POV

It's 6 pm. We planned to return the day after tomorrow. It's almost sunset.

I'm sitting at the same place where the thing with Nanao happened. I look at the sun slowly being swallowed by the clouds on the horizon.

I think about everything that has happened in my life so far, especially the part where the Yatagarasu showed up.

Just then, I heard footsteps behind me, and saw, that it was Yamabuki. 

Yamabuki: Watcha doing' there?

She said as she carried several chips and sat beside me.

Kazuki: Nothing, just, thinking.

Yamabuki: Don't think too much fam, this is supposed to be a happy trip! Yet, you don't look happy!

Kazuki: Y-Yeah, it's just that...

Yamabuki: What?

I don't know either. There are just some times that I'll go blank and think, can we do this?
Can we save the ninja world? It's just, I don't know. I have many lacking. I should have been able to save Yuna, Shigeo, and Torino. Why didn't I? Maybe I should have been the one who sacrificed my life.

I lowered my head. Just then, I heard Yamabuki humming.

I looked up at her,

Yamabuki: Ya know, yer face is readable. 

She said as she offered a bag of chips.

I took a chip and looked up to the sky once more.

Yamabuki: Life is a weird and pretty unfair roller coaster. Right now, we're dealing with this organization, which can easily beat us, and we don't even know if tomorrow, we'll still be alive. I'm sure you're thinking about Yuna and the others. 

Wow, she read me like a book. 

Yamabuki: Ya know, they sacrificed themselves for us to proceed on in life. I'm sure if heaven does exist and they are looking at you right now, they won't be happy that you're sad.

Make them an inspiration to crave power, to crave victory, to crave revenge. Make them your fuel.

Then, she placed a hand on my head and patted me.

Yamabuki: You're a big baby boy, aren't you? Come here!

She then grabbed me and pulled me towards her chest.

I am not resting on Yamabuki's big and... No! What am I thinking?!

Yamabuki: You're getting reddish, ya know? What a perv!

Kazuki: N-No, I'm not!

Yamabuki: Well, I'll let ya hold on to your dirty thoughts for a while. Just, rest for now.

She held my head that rests on her breasts and rubs it as she sang a song. 

Her peaceful, mellifluous voice fills my ear, which causes me to somewhat be sleepy.

...

Yamabuki POV.

Kazuki is now sleeping. He's really cute. I look at the sky, where the sun has already set, now replaced by the gorgeous moon. 

I look back at him.

Thank you for always protecting us.

I leaned in towards his lips and kissed him. I don't know why I had the sudden urge to kiss him, but, I don't hate it.

This somewhat makes me feel safe, and more... in love, perhaps.

I removed my lips from his.

Cute baby big boy. Hehe.

...

Meanwhile at Mizaki Highschool.

Hakai POV.

I stood on the rooftop of this school with my parasol.

Hey, Yamata-No-Orochi, how is my parasol? Is it comfy?

Hehe.

Yamata-No-Orochi in my parasol is a victory. 

I stood over the edge of the rooftop. 

Oh my, there are still many students here. This will be quite the feast. 

I held the Orb in my hand. A purple, gleaming orb.

I held it as it slowly ascended up in the sky.

"Now then, let the blood phase begin."