The Ice Goddess Of Tokukashi (Finale 0.66) (The Dance of the Ice and Fire)

The ice-humans began gaining color and emotion, slowly turning into almost perfect humans.

Kazuki: T-They look like the real deal, but ar-...Ricka?

Kazuki looks over to Ricka and notices that she has tears falling down her cheeks.

Ricka: M-Mom?

Kazuki: M-Mom?

As his gaze fell upon Ricka, he felt that there was something wrong with Ricka. It's like she's not herself again. It felt like looking at an empty, yet controlled vessel. 

Kazuki also noticed that as time passes by, the atmosphere began getting heavier and heavier. It's not just the atmosphere, it's also his body as if a huge weight was slowly getting heavier and heavier on his shoulders. 

Then he realizes something.

Earlier, the sky and the snow turned red, but it didn't have a direct effect on them. Kaori only gained another stack of enormous ice-control powers, but it didn't relate to the sudden turning red of everything. 

Then maybe, just maybe, its effect is not easily realized. Maybe it's a slow process, that takes time to take a toll on. 

Kaori's lips curled into a grin as she puts her hands together. 

Kaori: Have you already figured out the effects of my power's curse?

Kazuki stood silent as his heart dropped down to his stomach.

Kaori: The red snow represents life, and as time passes by, the lifeline of those who are near me, or are in this village is doomed to be drained. In short, everyone here is doomed to die if they don't go out now. This is the difference between us. Can you save everyone without dying? Or maybe by some miracle, you can save everyone. But, the pillars will continue to rampage and knock on your doors. We've tried to make you an ally, as we share the same goal, peace for the whole world, but you declined.

Kazuki: Peace? You never intended to have a peaceful world right from the start!

Kaori: Don't be naive, young man. To achieve every great ambition and dream, sacrifices, even heavy ones, are needed. Humans are full of sinful thoughts and actions. Hence why the seven deadly sins were made in the first place. Even the first Kakurasu deities despised this world and wanted to create a new world.

Kazuki: What nonsense are you saying? There are a lot of good and innocent in this world, and yet, you only kill them mercilessly without any empathy for their life. If your plan to achieve the perfect life includes ending innocent lives, then you really must be stopped!

Kaori: Seems like we could never understand each other. No matter, we're very close to achieving our goal.

Kazuki was about to open his mouth to speak but, the weights on his shoulder got heavier, to the point that he dropped down to his knees. 

A spark of emotions bursts inside Ricka as she saw Kazuki on his knees, filling up the once-empty vessel. She ran towards him and held him on his shoulder.

Kaori: Oh my, you broke from my manipulation technique quite easily.

Kazuki felt as if he was being pulled down. However, with great determination, he forced himself to stand up and put his sword up front.

Kaori looks at him in awe, thinking to herself about how he can still stand up.

"It's almost impossible to stand up if you're drained by the red snowflake. However, this young boy, he's adapting. His body is adapting to the curse."

She knows that prolonging this battle will somehow come back to bite her. And so, deciding that, she placed her hands in front of her, palms facing outwards, and chanted,