The Pathway DownHill (The Shadow Darker than black) (9)

Shiro: Your stares are pretty scary...

Shiro said in a sarcastic, scared voice.

Elly: Is it? Well, it's not the only scary thing you'll see today.

Then, with such murderous intent behind her frowned eyes, she instantly lunged towards Shiro's direction and swung her spear, aiming for her neck.

Unfortunately, Shiro was able to back away at the skin of her teeth.

But, before she could get her balance back, Lily teleported in a shadow behind her, and pierced through Shiro's chest.

Elly: Look who's gonna die now.

She mocked with a smirk on her face.

Shiro: You guys misunderstood something...

Just then, she started laughing maniacally.

Then in the next second, both of her eyes turned black as she released a powerful shockwave around her, pushing them all off from the rooftop.

Araya: Quick! Look to something to land into!

Elly: You guys look for another way up, Lily and I have embedded our Shadow Jutsu within her, we can follow her.

Araya: Alright!

Tengge: I'll summon a vortex of wind, please stay up!

Then, while falling mid-air, Tengge adjusts her positions and in a single swing of her fan, she summoned a small vortex of wind underneath their feet, that allows them to somewhat fly.

Araya: Good job,

Tengge: Thank you.

Then using her hands, she guides the winds and brought them up, letting them land safely at the rooftop of the building.

Both of them landed on the rooftop, with the winds slowly disappearing.

Araya: Looks like they already ran,

Tengge: I see them!

Tengge points at the northwest direction where they saw Fuma and Lily chasing after Shiro, who seemed to be playing around.

...

Lily and Fuma ran and jumped, building to building, trying to catch up to Shiro who seemingly ran faster than them, despite giggling all over and is like a kid playing tag.

Shiro: This is so fun!

She is running and turning around like a kid having fun.

Lily: This is bad, we could be exposed to the public for this!

Fuma: I know, we should hurry this up! Someone might see us.

Shiro: So, what if someone sees you? Let's expose the ninja world to the public!

Then, she stops at the highest building. With no more adjacent buildings to jump on, she only stood at the edge of the buildingtop.

Elly: Finally, you're grounded.

Lily: You really had fun, didn't you?

Shiro: Awww

Elly and Lily walked up to Shiro, who seemed to be at a dead end.

Lily: Now, surrender yourself.

She pointed her blade fiercely at Shiro.

However, unexpectedly, Shiro looked at them with a big, wide smile plastered on her face, ear-to-ear, creepy and eerie.

Shiro: If you want me, you'll be needing to run after me.

Then, she spreads her arms out, and took a single step back, letting herself fall from the tall building.