The Ice Goddess Of Tokukashi Village (5.33) The Underground Battle

Kaori: Hello, Ricka. I mean, hello, Shiina Machiyuki.

As she pronounced that name, shivers were sent down Ricka's spine. She looked at Kaori in horror.

Kaori: Sounds familiar, right Ricka?

Kazuki: Shiina?

Ricka: That's my...

Kaori: Yes. Your mother. The entitled, the traitor. Didn't Kurenai tell you?

Ricka once again starts shaking all over. Upon hearing Kaori's words, she remembered a crucial memory from her past.

...

"Run, Kurenai, Run!"

A voice screamed. In her vision, everything was covered in embers and flames.

"B-But-"

"No buts! Go! Save Ricka!"

Kurenai can't decide. There are enemies after them. Each second passing means they are getting closer and closer to the doors of death.

"Please!"

The voice screamed.

"And, please, erase her memory! I don't want Ricka to remember all of the things she saw!"

"A-Are you-"

Before could finish her sentence, the enemy finally arrived.

"There you are, you little rascal!"

Defenseless, he stabbed the woman in the chest.

"R-Run."

She mustered up her last energy to say her last word. Run.

Kurenai took Ricka in her arms and ran swiftly as tears flood her eyes.

"S-Shiina..."

She murmurs her name in between her sobs.

Everyone looked at her differently. In their eyes, she was a traitor.

But, she was not. She was the kindest girl anyone has ever met. Her eyes are of a flower, while her smile is of sunshine. Her kindest flows all over the village. And yet...

"W-Why did this happen?"

Kurenai screamed, her voice reaching the ends of the earth.

...

Ricka: I-It can't be... Is she really...?

Kazuki: Don't believe her, Ricka!

Kaori: Oh, why would she not? My knowledge about this village is a greater treasure than gold. Everything I say about this village is true.

Kazuki: As if!

Kaori: Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not trying to trick Ricka. I just think that it's now time for her to know the truth. Living in denial lies surely doesn't sound good, yes?

Just then, Ricka felt her head spinning as she fell down on her knees.

Kazuki: Ricka!

Kaori: It seems like the fragments of your lost memories are starting to connect altogether. Well, since you now know the truth, you can now die peacefully.

She raised her hand up front and chanted a spell.

Kaori: Haku

Then, an ice, resembling a lily, manifested behind her. And, at her signal, the ice lilies threw themselves at Ricka.

Kazuki immediately got in front and in a single slash, he cuts through all of them at once. But,

Kaori: Bingo,