Chapter 26

Sameera's P.O.V.

I sat on my desk and wrote my resignation letter and gave it to Aayansh. After that I started packing my things to leave.

While I was packing, Aayansh came to my desk and handed me the same envelope I gave him. I was confused but nevertheless I opened it to see only one change. REJECTED.

"Why did you reject it?" I asked Aayansh looking towards him from the letter to see he was already gone.

I ran to his office and entered without knocking.

"Are you crazy? How can you reject my resignation?" I questioned him.

"I can because I have the authority to do that." He said casually. This duffer can't understand that this is not the time to be casual. He definitely doesn't know Nikhil.

"But why would you do that?" I asked him.

"I would like to pass that question."

"Are you crazy? Why would you keep me, and lose such a big deal?"

"I would pass that too."

"Answer me!" I demanded.

"Okay, I will answer only if you answer my question."

"And what is that?"

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why is your husband threatening me, Mrs. Ahuja?" He asked me.

I felt uncomfortable to answer that. "That is none of your business. It's my personal matter." I answered him.

"I deserve to know that because it is clearly not your personal matter anymore. I deserve to know because this is the reason why I lost an important deal like that."

"That is why I am resigning. You don't need to lose anything."

"You think I will fall in front of your husband. No. I won't. He thinks that he is the only option I have but he is mistaken. I won't ever regret anything."

"Listen you are being unreasonable. This deal is important. I know. And you don't need to lose it because of me." I tried explaining him.

"Get lost!" He ordered me rudely.

"First sign my resignation."

"I won't."

"Why?" I asked him irritated.

He first stared at me and then said challengingly and fiercely, "I won't let your husband win this time!"

"What do you mean this time?"

"The door is that side!" He said pointing towards the door.

"No, I need a reason why you are not firing me! You anyway wanted to fire me earlier as well so why not do it now that you have a valid reason to. As you say I am a waste for your company."

"You need a reason? Will this be enough?" He said handing me a file. I opened it to see that it was the reviews of the sale of the recent collection. Three of my designs were in the top ten trending item on Kavya's website and the rest in top fifteen. Even the reviews of my designs said that the people were loving the outfits I designed. A few of them read:

'Wore it on a casual day. All my friends praised the dress.'

'Gifted this to my girlfriend. She loved it.'

'The fabric is really good and the design is amazing👍."

'I loved it. I wish my mum would give me the money to buy if before it is out of stock.'