Chapter 30 (Past)

Sameera's P.O.V.

Nikhil's birthday is in just two hours and I have still not reached the hotel he is staying in. He told me not to come but I am here in London to surprise him. He has no idea that I am planning something for him. I know he will be busy even on his birthday but I know he will be happy to see me.

I reached the hotel he is staying in at 11:53 p.m.

"Excuse me, I want to meet Nikhil Ahuja. Can you please kindly tell his room number." I asked the receptionist.

"I am sorry ma'am but we have been instructed not to disturb him." The receptionist said.

"I am..." I was cut in middle when Akhil, Nikhil's manager spoke.

"Sameera! What are you doing here?" He questioned coming to stand beside me. I didn't see him sitting on the sofa in the hall.

"To meet Nikhil. Of course." I told him.

"Um.. Ya... Yes definitely. He is in room no. 345." He stammered.

"But sir..." The receptionist interrupted us.

"It's fine. She's his wife." Akhil explained before the receptionist could complete what she was saying.

"Let me tell Nikhil you are here." Akhil said taking his phone out.

"No don't... I want to surprise him." And before he could say anything I snatched his mobile. Akhil is working for Nikhil for more than six years and so I am very comfortable with him. He is not like an employee but a friend to both Nikhil and me.

"Sameera please give my phone back." He spoke furiously. I would have had given him his cell back some other time but right now I am not going to give it back to him. At all.

"Once we reach his room."

He directed me to Nikhil room. In the way, he kept asking for his mobile but I knew better. He was just going to knock but I stopped.

"Wait! It's still two minutes to his birthday."

After two minutes I knocked the door. Banged to be exact.

Nikhil opened the door. He was only wearing his shorts showing his six pack abs. Before he could say anything I sang him a birthday song and hugged him. After I broke my hug I looked at him. This wasn't the reaction I was expecting from him. He wasn't happy. He wasn't smiling from ear to ear. He was shocked.

"Let me get in." I went inside the room. Akhil went away the moment Nikhil opened the door for me. I was happy that I would be able to spend some time alone with Nikhil. "Don't worry I am only here for a day. I will go back tomorrow. I have planned..." I started speaking but I was interrupted in the middle....by a female voice.

"Who is there Nikhil?" A girl spoke coming out of the bathroom. She was just wrapped in a towel. There were too many hickeys on her neck and other parts of her body.

It was none other than Lisa!

I kept staring at her. Her face became pale when she realised that they are caught now. I looked at Nikhil and then back at her and then again at Nikhil. Tears welled up in my eyes and started flowing down my cheeks.

I remember how I saw him before our marriage, kissing Lisa in a party.

He is cheating on me ever since?

"Sameera listen to me. I can explain." Nikhil finally took the courage and spoke up. But, this wasn't what my ears wanted to listen. My all senses were numb but my eyes kept staring at Nikhil and then at Lisa. But after hearing those words from his mouth, my senses were back.