Chapter 3

"Fine, what do you want me to do."

"Great that you are up for the challenge!" He said raising his left eyebrow.

"Just tell me."

"Design. We are going to launch a new collection next month. Didn't you say, if I would have seen your designs I would have known how great your designing skills are. Now is the time." He said looking straight into my eyes.

"But she is new bhai." Kavya spoke as soon as Aayansh stopped talking. This earned her a glare from him and she immediately shut up.

"Kavya will tell you everything about the collection." He said in an 'end of conversation' tone.

"But Aayash, how..."

"Sir. Aayansh Sir. I am your boss. Don't you think people should show some respect to their boss? I mean some people expect others to call their boss's daughter, Ma'am but the very same people don't know how to address their own boss." He said taunting me again. I remember how I would ask him to address me as Ma'am always. But why does he have to remind me all of those and how does he even remembers everything and brings it up at the right time.

Before I could answer anything, he said, "And one more thing, you wouldn't want to let other people know about our little deal right?"

I looked at him confused as to what he is trying to say.

"I mean you wouldn't want others to know how you are working as a designer for one month, without any degree. I mean you wouldn't want me to lose any money or employee because of this. Right?" He said coming a little closer to me and staring at my eyes, threatening me, "No one should know anything about our deal. Got it?"

Now I get....he wants me to keep working as an intern in front of everyone and make designs for him as well in the same time. Chhavi definitely thinks of me as an intern, and she is making sure to not waste a single opportunity to make me do useless things. So, he wants to overburden me with so much so I won't be able to do what he wants me to.

"It's unfair! You can't do this." I said pointing a finger at me.

"Oh I definitely can do this. And for your first part, I know it's unfair. But do you think I care about it?" He asked me.

"Aayansh please I won't be able to do so much in so less time."

"Aayansh sir! And if you can't complete the work assigned to you then you are welcomed to leave your resignation letter on my desk because you wouldn't like getting fired within a few days only. Your ego wouldn't be able to handle it. Right?" That was the last thing he said before he left leaving me to sulk thinking about how I would survive here if he keeps giving me so many tasks.

~•~

I tore the paper from my drawing copy, crumpled it and threw it in the dustbin in one shot. This is what I have been doing since the morning. The dustbin is half full with paper balls and a few of them are around it.

It is Sunday evening and I have been working since yesterday and till now I couldn't even complete one design. I have to show Aayansh what I have done by the next week. If I show him what I have done till now he won't even wait for the month to end and would fire me on the spot.

If I had the designs which I made during my college time I could take inspiration from it or change it a little bit and my work would have been done. But I can't go back and bring the designs from my house.

While I was looking at what I made in the last fifteen minutes there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I shouted.