Chapter 63

One Month Later

Sameera's P.O.V.

It's been one month since I first went for a bike ride with Ayan, after years. And since then every night we enjoy long drives on his motorcycle.

He comes to the orphanage after work and then we go on his motorcycle to a different destination every time.

I have never had as many roadside chaat in my twenty-six years of existence as I had in the last month.

I don't realise when time passes whenever I am with Ayan. He makes everything better. Easier.

But am I ready to spend my entire life with him? Am I ready to commit to him? I am scared after everything that has happened with Nikhil. I loved that man for years and still that's how it ended. So, how can I let another man enter in my life whom I have only loved for a month.

All my life I have run after Nikhil. It was stupid of me to waste my time on a man who is more than a decade older than me. My heart was bound to get shattered. But, I was naive. I gave my all to him and he used my heart and crushed me. I trusted him and he broke me.

He broke my years long trust. So, how can I just trust Ayan in a matter of few months.

I accept he has done a lot for me, selflessly, but does that mean our relationship will be a healthy one. He has not trusted me before. Will he trust me if needed now? I do not know.

So, how can get involved with Aayansh Singhania.

And that is why, when yesterday while dropping me off home, he proposed me for marriage, I denied.

It was a clear NO. And I am sure it had upset him. He left without a word.

I am not even divorced legally, yet. Nikhil hasn't stopped trying to change my mind. He has sent me messages more than a couple of times in the last month reminding me that we still have time if I have a change of mind. The recent one being five minutes ago.

He is not going to stop. How can I think about the next step in my life when I am not done with the previous one?

I need to ask Dad to talk to Nikhil and ask him to leave me alone. I know I didn't want Dad to interfere but indulging with Nikhil myself is a risk I do not want to take. I fear if things escalate like they did the last time.

Dad has been weirdly nice to me the last month. I say weird because he has always been a strict and angry father to me. This is a new version of him that I am not used to. He seems to be really happy that I am back home.

He hasn't given me the pictures of my parents yet. As he said he needed time. I am okay with waiting as long as I can, if it's result is anything related to my Mumma and Papa.

Today is the day of the party.

Singhania Studios is turning 5 today.

The dresses my team and I designed are ready and sent to every employee after being stitched to their size. Everyone loved their outfits.

I am glad the party is today. After last night, I don't know whether Ayan would want to go for the long drive like everyday. And if he does, it would be awkward for us when we are all alone left with no choice but to discuss everything about yesterday.

I don't want to. I don't want him to leave me but I don't want to marry him. I am not ready yet.

Me and Kriti got ready. All the employees are wearing black shimmery dresses as designed by us.

So, I wore a strapless black gown which was encrusted with crystals. It has a plunging neckline and voluminous bottom that made me love my outfit.

 It has a plunging neckline and voluminous bottom that made me love my outfit