Chapter 39

Sameera's P.O.V.

(THE PARTY)

I wore the only dress I had. This was the same dress I planned to wear on Nikhil's birthday and that is why it was in my bag when I left the place.

If I had any other dress, I would have not worn it. But I don't have any other option. I can't ask Kriti for it. She is already doing so much for me.

I looked at myself in the mirror. After a long time I am getting dressed like this.

I wore a shimmery black strapless mini dress with a long black fabric wrapped around it, with two long trails on the sides.

I did my make up on my own. I am not too good with applying make up, but I am satisfied with how I look. I kept my hair open, just how I like.

Just when I was done, the door bell rang

It was my sister. She looked so beautiful! She wore a blue off-shoulder mini dress. She also kept her hair open just like me. She also paired her look with beautiful earings and blue smokey eyes made her make-up look perfect!

 She also paired her look with beautiful earings and blue smokey eyes made her make-up look perfect!

"You are looking very beautiful!" I complimented her.

"You are looking more beautiful." She said. I instantly had a blush.

"Let's go, we are getting late." I said.

We are going together, though I didn't want to use Dad's car, but I don't have any other option. Atleast it's better than being inside a car with Nikhil!

We reached the venue but I didn't want to go inside.

"What's the matter Sam?" Kriti asked.

"I don't want to go inside! Everyone knows that I am Nikhil's wife. I can't pretend to be his happy little trophy wife. But if I don't, it will create a scene and people are going to ask questions. Why isn't Nikhil Ahuja's wife not present at a party hosted on their wedding anniversary? And Dad would be very upset if that happens. He would think that it's my fault and not say anything to Nikhil."

Now I get it why Nikhil desperately wanted me to come as well. He just didn't want to show me that he had won the challenge but he also wanted me to happily behave like his wife in front of these hundred people.