Chapter 40

Sameera's P.O.V.

"Sorry to interrupt you Mr Ahuja! But before we announce our collaboration, I would like to show you all a presentation. All dedicated to Mr. Ahuja!" Aayansh said.

"A presentation? What is it? Why didn't I knew about it?" Nikhil asked.

Idiot! Can't he understand it is a surprise if he didn't know. Aayansh is going to talk nice stuffs about Nikhil to impress him. To come in his good books. Ofcourse!

"Not exactly a presentation Mr. Ahuja! But I am sure you are going to love it." There were a few people who put a white screen and did all the arrangements to present whatever he wanted to!

Aayansh again stared at me. His expression again was unreadable! What's wrong with him?

The presentation started.

It was about a project which Nikhil's father started with Dad. How they both grew together and his Dad expanded his business. There were pictures of them celebrating their successes together.

I looked towards Dad to see a smile on his face. He was so happy to see his bestfriend's success being shown.

But why was it necessary?

Then the presentation moved on to the time when Nikhil's father died and a nineteen year old Nikhil had to take over.

The presentation indicated how the business went downhill since then. Everyone knows that! Everyone knows that since he had to take over at a young age he couldn't instantly handle the business like his Dad did! But with time he started managing everything nicely. He even took Ahuja industries to new highs.

There were news articles being shown in the presentation to prove the point.

"I just wanted to appreciate Mr. Ahuja and remind all of you that despite all of these, due to Mr. Ahuja's hardwork and efforts he has brought Ahuja Group to where it is now." Aayansh said. "Mr. Ahuja had to sacrifice so much for this. But, I guess that's the reason he is where he is. Right?"

I looked at Nikhil to see a proud smile on his face. Shameless man! It's because Dad that he is where he is now. And in return he had destroyed that very man's daughter's life!

I looked at Dad and saw that he was looking at Nikhil proudly. Ofcourse because he loves his son-in-law law so much! Even more than his own daughter! Sorry not own. Adopted!

"Please change the slide." Aayansh said.

Then there was a small deal that Nikhil cracked because Dad helped him. It was just the beginning in his series of successes.

Then there were pictures of our wedding. What does our wedding have to do with their business?

Ughhh! What is Aayansh trying to do?

Then the presentation talked about how after that his business grew. Ofcourse because we moved to NYC after our marriage and he expanded his business there. There he had more opportunities so the business eventually grew. I remember seeing Nikhil stressed due to so much work for days and I did everything that I could to support him. How can I forget that!

Aayansh looked at me before the slide changed.

Aayansh's voice reverberated in the entire hall through screen. There was an audio in the next slide.

Instantly a wave of panic swept over me.

"Why did you want me to fire your wife?" Ayan asked.

"Oh you wanna know why I don't want Sam to work? It's simple, until she wouldn't be jobless she wouldn't be helpless. And until she wouldn't be helpless she will not go back with you!" A drunk Nikhil replied cunningly.