Chapter 10

Aayansh's P.O.V.

"I am so proud of you Aayansh! Seeing your business get on the top day by day, I feel so happy I can't even explain." Mr. Oberoi said.

"It's all because of you, Sir. You have guided me that is why I am here."

"Oh really? If it is so then why do you keep forgetting this old man? I don't even remember the last time we had any conversation." He complained.

"I am sorry, Sir! I have been so busy."

It's true. I have been so swamped with work lately that I hardly get time. But it's strange that he lives so close to my office and still I don't visit him. Maybe because I didn't want to face her. But now it's useless since she is working in my own office.

"By the way, Sameera, she is doing..."

"Ahh! She has gone to her friend's house." Before I could complete my sentence, Sameera's sister chimed in. "She wouldn't be able to join us."

"Oh no! I was just saying that..."

"Mr. Singhania why don't you take something." Kriti moved the plates of snacks towards me, interrupting me again.

"Thanks." I replied her.

After that we got into talking about business and related stuff. I was just hoping to inform Mr. Oberoi about Sameera. I know he has always been worried about her career. So, maybe if I would assure him he could be satisfied. But after that I didn't get a chance. And Mr. Oberoi also didn't ask me anything about her.

I saw Kriti sulking, probably because she wasn't interested in our conversation. I don't know why she is sitting with us then.

After the dinner was over we got up and handshaked.

"It was nice to meet you Aayansh after so long." Mr Oberoi said.

"It was nice to meet you too and now since Sameera is also..."

"It was nice meeting you Mr Singhania." Kriti interrupted me again.

The only times that she has talked the entire time was when I had mentioned her sister. It could be a coincidence but if not then I couldn't understand her reason to interrupt me.

I exited the house and was going to sit in my car when someone called my name.

"Aayansh!"

I looked behind to see Kriti standing there.

"It's been a long time since we met." She said.

"Indeed!" I remember the last and the only time I actually met Kriti. It was when I was here with Sameera. Kriti is the only one who knew about us apart from my sister.

"Thanks for giving Sameera the job." She said after a long time.

"Now you are talking about your sister. I mean you wouldn't let me say anything about her the entire time." I joked.

She chuckled before saying, "Dad doesn't know she is working for you."

Now it made sense why Kriti kept interrupting everytime I was going to mention something related to her working in my office. But why wouldn't Mr. Oberoi know what his own daughter is doing? Why wouldn't Sameera tell her own Dad that she is working in my office?

Kriti might have guessed my confusion, because she said, "I can't tell you the reason but please don't tell Dad that she is working in your office. Infact I told Sam to tell this to you herself but you know how stubborn she is. She would do what she thinks is correct."

I nodded in agreement. Who would know Sameera and her stubbornness better than me.

"Anyway all I was saying is please give her a chance. She has been telling me what happens in the office. But trust me Aayansh, she is not the same. She is working really hard for this job. She needs it. Please don't take that away from her." She requested me.