Chapter 60

•I am really nervous for this chapter. Hope you all like it! •

Sameera's P.O.V.

"See you tonight, Meera."

There has been numerous people who have said me I look like my mother. It is not so surprising, I have got most of her features. But no one has ever called me by my mother's name.

Mumma and I were always a team. We would always gang up against Papa and he would always whine about it. At those times he would call me "Meri Meera ki Sameera". Then I would kiss his cheeks and say "aapki bhi Sameera."

I was a Daddy's girl but after their death no one would stop reminding me that how much I am Meera's daughter.

I love the fact that I look like my mother and have her name in mine. It makes me feel connected to her. Afterall her name and looks are the only thing I have of her. And these are the things that I hold onto, that remind me of her. Always.

I want to remember her. Everytime I can. But do I want to be called by her name?

I don't know.

"I like when you call my name. It already feels special coming from you." I told him honestly.

Ayan gives the proper stress to double 'e' in my name. Most people pronounce it as Samira. And I don't like it. But Aayansh would give stress on the second syllable jusst like how I do.

He smiled at me before concentrating on the road once again.

We are going to the orphanage just how we planned. I came to his office once again after I was done with my work and then we are going together to the orphanage.

"I didn't want to offend you." He said.

"You didn't. But I would rather you not call me that." I told him.

"Okay."

We had a lot of fun with the kids in the orphanage. At first we taught them numbers then Aayansh entertained them with his million dollar philosophy. After the we played aankh micholi. It was cute to see Ayan enjoying children's games.

I was tired. I think I am ageing and I can't compete with these kids' energy. They have so much energy in them. And I, I am lazy.

So Ayan and I sat on the patio to look at the kids while they continued playing.

"Growing up without a father have been the hardest for me. But knowing that I don't have a person who will always have my back was worse." Ayan said after a peaceful silence. I looked at him to see him looking at the kids with sympathy. "And I thought that nothing can be worse than that. But, these kids have no one. No parents or siblings or any family. Just themselves. I feel bad for them."

"Don't!" I told him. "Don't look at them with sympathy or pity. They don't want sympathy. All they crave for is love, care and some attention. Your sympathy or pity is of no use to them."

"You love spending time with them. Don't you?"

"Yes."

"Your eyes sparkle when you are with them. You really care for them."

"I do."

"Why are you so connected to them?" He asked me curiously.

"Because I am one of them." I looked at him to see him stiffen and confusion lacing his eyes. "I am just like them. An orphan."

"What are you talking about? You have your Mom and Dad!" He said unbelievably.

"They are not my real parents." I said and looked at him. Wheels started turning inside his mind as the reality settled in.