Chapter 25

Aayansh's P. O. V.

"Fire her. I want you to fire her if you want me to sign the deal." Nikhil said.

What! Why would he want me to fire any of my employees? And why Sameera in particular?

"But, why?" I asked him.

"You shouldn't be concerned about that. What you should be concerned about is that this deal is important for you and the only way you can have it is by firing Sameera." He said looking at her. I looked at her to see she wasn't confused like I was. She was just waiting for my answer.

"I should know the reason why you are asking me to fire an employee who doesn't work under you or your firm, but mine! So it is my call to make, whom to fire and whom to not. But if you want me to fire someone you need to give me a reason to consider that."

"The reason is that you want me to sign a deal with you which I will, only if she isn't working here. Besides, she also doesn't have any qualifications for being a designer. I am aware of that."

"Listen I won't compromise the people working under me just for myself and as for the fact that she doesn't have any specialised degree then all I would say is that she isn't any Doctor or a lawyer that she can't practice without any certificate. It's designing. All she needs is the required skill and that's my duty to see whether she has that or not. Not yours. Even then if you have any problem with her, all I can say you is that I won't let her design for your orders. Fair enough." I looked at Nikhil to see that his fists were tightly closed as if he was angry but couldn't do anything. Maybe he actually was.

"I said I don't want her to be working under you. That's it. I only want you to fire her. And only after that I would be able to sign the deal with you! Choice is yours. Deal or no deal."

I looked back at Sameera. I was hoping for her to ask me not to fire her, just the way she did on the first day. But she was simply standing there waiting for my answer.

"No deal!" I answered him finally making my decision. He looked really pissed now and this time Sameera was the one shocked and confused.

"Fine! It's your choice but let me tell you will regret it later. My website is the biggest. You had a great chance which you lost. Anyway if later on you think this girl isn't worth enough to give an important deal like that, you are most welcomed."

He left after saying that. I looked at Sameera who after staring at me for the longest time said, "You are an idiot!"

Then she went away almost rushing. I guess she went to talk to him. I still can't understand what did just happen. Our deal was final till just a few minutes earlier but in just a few minutes everything is overturned. The biggest businessman of the country has denied to sign a deal with us just because of an employee. But wait, the Oberoi's and Ahuja's have really good relations. In fact Mr. Oberoi has always helped Nikhil Ahuja. I am aware of that. Then why is he asking me to fire the same person's daughter who has been so much to him.

After Sameera left, I stood in front of the window to think what I will do without this deal. Just when I looked down, I saw Sameera and Nikhil Ahuja fighting beside Nikhil's car. I kept looking their way though I couldn't hear what they were saying.

"How was the meeting?" My sister asked keeping her bags on the table and taking a glass of water.

I didn't notice when she entered my cabin.

"Meeting was good but we didn't get the deal."

"Why?"

I told Kavya everything and she was also shocked to listen to that.