Epilogue

1 Year Later

I looked at Kavya through the mirror. She looked really beautiful in her pink pastel bridal lehenga.

It's her and Dhruv's wedding today.

You would think she must be wearing one of her designs. But nahh!

She is wearing a dress designed by yours truly Sameera Oberoi.

After Kavya fired me publically, I didn't join Singhania Studios again. Though, Ayan wanted me to, I couldn't. The humiliation of getting fired twice was enough for me to realise that I shouldn't be working at a place where I am not respected.

The FD my father had made for me, I used it to start my own small business. House of Meeras. It's a small store. It's just been three months since we started. I have started getting a few orders already. The response online is amazing. Way better than I had expected.

Karthik and Kriti are also still together and finally they seem to be more stable than ever. They keep fighting always and get back together always.

I can't even count anymore how many times I have spent my evenings listening to her bickering about her boyfriend.

But, this time they seem to be stronger than ever. Because it's almost been two months since I heard, "what does that Karthik Singhania thinks of himself? He's a jerk!"

Suddenly my phone ringed, I looked at the caller. My sister. She has a long life.

"Yes Kriti?" I asked after picking up the call.

"I am not coming to the wedding."

"Why? What happened?" I asked.

"Karthik Singhania happened! What does he even thinks of himself!"

Well it was too soon for me to pass that comment. Looks like my sister and her boyfriend have still not matured enough.

"What did he do this time?"

"I will send you the screenshot of our chat and then you will know what a jerk he is."

"I will look at it. But please come to the wedding. It's not his wedding, right."

"Oh god di how can it be his wedding without me!"

"Oh yaa I'm right. How can he get married without his bride?" I laughed.

"Shut up. Don't make fun of me."

I hung up after convincing her to come at the wedding.

"They fought again?" Kavya asked in front of me.

"Yep!" I replied.

"When will they grow up?!"

"I don't see any hope of it any time soon." I said, "anyway look at you looking so beautiful. I am sure Dhruv would not be able to stop himself from gawking at you."

She smiled shyly.

Kavya had apologized to me after the whole Nikhil fiasco. She looked regretful of everything that happened. I can't go back to being friends with her. The accusations she put on me hurt me. I can't forget that. But, we have been courteous to each other.

"As he should." She replied. "By the way where is bhai?"

Her brother. My boyfriend. Ayan. A smile instantly made its way on my face.

"The baraat has already come. He has gone to welcome the guests."

"He is here!" Kavya beamed hearing that her husband-to-be is already here.